IGNORED

UPGRADING MY SYSTEM

BOOCH

I could use some help.I have a 2005 R1200RT with an Autocomm Pro Sport hard wired to the bike and hooked to a Garmin Street Pilot 2730.I would like to upgrade to a Garmin that has Bluetooth.EVENTUALLY I will want to upgrade my helmets to the Schuberth C3's with their BLUETOOTH intercoms.Can I just install a Zumo 550 or the new 665 and use my existing Autocomm,without making any other changes,for now???

Thanks in Advance.

Steve

...Can I just install a Zumo 550 or the new 665 and use my existing Autocomm,without making any other changes,for now???

Thanks in Advance.

Steve

Do you mean "wire" a Zumo into your Autocom to get voice prompts? I would think so, but you'd want to confirm what audio out ports there are on the GPS (or its cradle). If the GPS is going to be bike-powered, you might need another Autocom gizmo between the GPS and your main Autocom box to eliminate interference. I know I did (I've recently switched to a Sena Bluetooth intercom, so I don't use my Autocom now).

Mark

Right know I get XM radio and gps routing through my Autocomm to my head set.I'm pretty sure that either the 550 or 665 will work the same now,but I need to make sure that they will work with the Schuberth Bluetooth helmets without needing to replace the Autocomm.

Steve

Mark

Right know I get XM radio and gps routing through my Autocomm to my head set.I'm pretty sure that either the 550 or 665 will work the same now,but I need to make sure that they will work with the Schuberth Bluetooth helmets without needing to replace the Autocomm.

Steve

I guess I'm a little confused. I'm presuming that your GPS and XM radio are connected by wires to your Autocom. If you then get a Bluetooth-capable GPS and a Schuberth helmet with the Bluetooth audio "collar" option, why would you even be using your Autocom at that point? Won't you just pair the GPS to your helmet's Bluetooth system? Your Autocom is not Bluetooth capable, right (unless you buy Autocom's relatively new Bluetooth dongle, which would seem to be rather redundant if you buy Bluetooth-capable GPS and helmet that can communicate with each other without anything else between them)?

Mark

Thank you.I will continue to use the Autocom with the new Garmin until I move on to the Schuberth C3 helmets...Thats what I wanted to know.

Thanks

Steve

Archived