IGNORED

oh man

majrosebud

What an evening. Just doing my thing when this big ol' dirty, wet and and soft tar snake almost bites me. So in move on towards the middle and find wet, greasy streaks. Like ice, Gotta take a shower..

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like 75% of the backroads in PA. Only difference is that they tar and chip them before hand, so there is loose gravel thrown in. I'm so used to riding that crap that I barely even notice anymore. Up on the pegs and just let it squirm, the tire will find traction eventually :grin:

When I get down South, I get so excited to see clean pavement that I can't contain myself.

Thanks for the info. Don't see them in my neck of the woods

No, but don't ya just love the way they repair by putting rectangular patches in the wheel ruts only all up and down secondary roads.

-----

When I get down South, I get so excited to see clean pavement that I can't contain myself.

Remind me to ride *ahead* of you if we ever ride together! :grin:

We have tar snakes out here in CA. and I don't like them one bit but ours are nothing compared to this. This is TAR GRID! This may be intense enough to cause problems for the cagers

Bill_Walker
We have tar snakes out here in CA. and I don't like them one bit but ours are nothing compared to this. This is TAR GRID! This may be intense enough to cause problems for the cagers

In my experience, California tar snakes are quite benign compared to, say, Utah tar snakes. CalTrans must use a different tar compound than other states, because it's not nearly as slippery. Utah, on the other hand, uses stuff that's slippery even when it's cold, and just gets worse as the temperature rises. Everyplace else I've encountered them seems to fall somewhere in between.

Archived