IGNORED

Autocom Older Parts Support.

Rocketman51

Rocketman51

Anyone know what happened to the support / parts for the older Autocom intercom systems. After spending almost $500 on my system with all the adapters and cables. I have the Pro-7-Sport unit that uses the 7 pin connector helmet headset. I planed on buying a new headset for a new helmet. Only to fing nothing on the Autocom UK or USA website. They do not even provide any referance to the older systems. My system is less than 6 years old. Appears there may be a few headsets still out there, but when they are gone? Do not think I will consider any new Autocom systems with this kind of support.

Matt, Kazoo

You could give Sierra Electronics a call and see if they would switch the helmet set to your new helmet. If they will you'd need to send both helmets but they do great work in a timely fashion.

I've got an older Autocaom.

After all the changes and company internal issues which were very public several years ago I picked up a barely used unit and Kenwood radio.

I've bought and resold several of these here, but kept this one for the future.

Look for used systems here, they pop up.I would say that 6 years is a lifetime in the electronic industry, sad as that is, and if we compared some of the other wsystems or analgous devices it might be a similar situation.

Good luck.

Rocketman51

Thanks for all the input on the Autocom parts. Have found a source for the headset. I just wonder if I need to buy same spares over my current needs. LOL

Lisa Malachowsky

I am an Autocom dealer and Rep in AZ, servicing the SW. If you have a 7-pin system, you will be able to get parts. If you have a 5 pin headset system, production on those ceased years ago and you will only be able to find headset parts from dealers with older inventory. If you need advice on how to proceed, I can help. There are ways to make your older system work with newer parts if that is what you want to do.

Archived