Marty Hill

Steve1962

......is doing just fine. I have just got back after spending a very enjoyable day with him and Andy (Boffin) along with Sheila.

We went for a drive and introduced Marty to some lovely old italian motorbikes, along with some good old fashioned British summer weather (lol), and then had a nice lunch together.

Thanks to Andy and his good lady wife Sheila for their hospitality and here's to a safe trip back to Vancouver for Marty.

Steve

Sorry to say that neither Steve nor I took a camera with us.

I had the good fortune to spend last Monday with Marty as well. I took one or two pictures then, some on my Canon 400D, but mostly on my (crappy) cellphone.

Marty Hill in Warwick

i-VVnWDhH-L.jpg

Steve, Marty and Me

i-MsctmHt-L.jpg

Marty stood in front of Hawker Siddeley Nimrod R1 XV664 - ex 51sqdn RAF, on which I spent several years of my RAF career.

i-BgJMRwQ-L.jpg

It was good to meet Marty and to see Steve again. The weather was not kind, even for England. but the company was warm and enjoyable.

It was a shame that events conspired to prevent us riding together, perhaps another time.

Andy

It was great to finally meet Steve/Andy and Sheila. Wonderful time/you guys can keep the weather! :wave: Hope both of you get your bikes sorted quickly!

Tank, flying to vancouver this am. GS in the cargo hold/I hope.

Hey Nora/all good. Bike should be in vancouver in the am/from there it's all downhill to norcal. :wave:

Hey Steve, hiding the moto in w. covina for a few weeks in sept. prior to torrey. Will give a shout.

Hey Doug,

I'll be in and out over the summer/will bug you at some point. Bike landed in vancouver at 12:45/now resting in portland, oregon. PCH tomorrow!

Don't listen to anything that guy tells you about british weather, it was positively glorious whilst he was here....

Ride safe Marty.

Steve

Laney, It's my turn to buy dinner.

Steve, I've not said a word...honest.

Howard, long time no see/hope all is good.

Bike in marin/flying home in the am. Miss my cat!

Steve, I've not said a word...honest.

Marty,

It's all in the grimace ...... Lol

A photo paints a thousand words.

Since you left we've had a drop of rain and it's been a bit breezy...........

Enjoy the rest of your trip and remember ...... Wherever you go .....there you are.

Steve

Home. Back west in 3 weeks. Cat just walked across the computer. Thanks to all. It's been another wonderful trip with new friends made. :thumbsup:

Archived