IGNORED

RTE - CT/RI/MA on Sun June 8

DiggerJim

Gonna be a ride to eat at Norm's Diner in Groton CT this Sunday the 8th at 11:30. It's a stone's throw from one of the CT Tour of Honor ride memorials (the WWII Submariners Memorial). Norm's is an old time 1950ish Silk City stainless steel diner - the cook still works his magic on the other side of the counter, no hiding in the back. Breakfast all day, open almost 24x7 and some of the best hash browns (the shredded kind) in southern New England. If you're local and you're riding the Tour of Honor (and if you're local you should!) it's a perfect additional excuse to come check another one off the list. Afterwards several of us will be taking the long way round up to Pomfret and the Vanilla Bean Cafe in CT's "quiet corner".

Come on down, grab a burger & shake or eggs & home fries and trade tips on how to find some of those New England Tour of Honor bonuses or just come down for a good meal and a great ride on what promises to be a really nice Sunday afternoon weatherwise.

Jim,

Did you mean June 10th???

Yep - color me 'toopid on this one :P

Supposed to be a decent day tomorrow which will be a first in over a week. Definitely a reason to ride.

Jim,

Did you mean June 10th???

Maybe he planned to ride really fast and, by the time he got there, it would be the 8th!

:D

Didn't ride too fast but I did go & had a blast - Ardys Kellerman was there and she's just a great lady. She's my new hero! Just amazing when I think of the friends I have who have hung up their boots in their 50s because it's too hard to ride anymore and here she is 80 and riding all over the country (she's doing the Smoke Chasing Tour) just for fun.

Archived