IGNORED

Resetting maintenance schedule

Rapala 50

Evening Rapala 49

I presume you are talking BMW 1200RT here? Yes there is, but you need a 3rd party scan tool in the form of a GS-911.

No buttons on the bike to push or battery disconnect to clear the service warning.

This thread confirms that the cheapest part on a BMW is the rider.

For reference, I bought my 12RT in Daytona. They will only reset my service minder if they do said service. Ain't happenin'. Our new Jax dealer service manager will check for fault codes, & reset the service minder, for $45. I'm good with that. Especially after DR's layout of what they have invested in the technology.

While it may seem like a few push of the buttons, it is certainly not free for the dealer.

moshe_levy

+1 - my dealer here in NJ does the same thing for about the same price. I haven't been bothered enough by the indicator to actually take it in just for that, though, but I know other riders are and that's why they started offering the service.

-MKL

moshe_levy

Yes. Last I checked (which as awhile ago) they offered the service. I haven't been in over a year - I just don't rack up the miles like I used to (2 new babies at home).

-MKL

A GS 911 is the way to go for this problem if you know someone who has one. I have the professional model and performed this service for a friend last week. It took 2 minutes.

Yes. Last I checked (which as awhile ago) they offered the service. I haven't been in over a year - I just don't rack up the miles like I used to (2 new babies at home).

-MKL

My "baby" is now a junior in a private prep HS and my oldest is starting U of South Carolina in August.. (I need to hit the lottery!) and yet I can't seem to ride much either! (at least as much as I'd like).. I hear Moshe... CONGRATS, Life Changes!

• 1 month later...

Archived