IGNORED

Click and Clack retiring???

elkroeger

They were good to listen to when, and if, they talked about engines. Or cars. The stuff they know.

But when they started into their comic stories, or ... the puzzler, they aggravated the **** out of me and I had to turn it off.

Why do they insist on taking a good thing and hoking it up with **** like that?

If it's supposed to be a show about cars, shut up and talk about cars.

dc

I'll admit their banter got sillier as time went on, but they still always brought me some useful information and a smile. They are who they seem. No put on. Yes, Tommy laughs at nearly everything ...

The pace they brought to my Saturday chores was welcome by me. I will miss them.

apparantley they're doing 10 years of reruns of all the calls. so many that it won't be a true show rerun. just putting together the calls.

what a great show that was/is.

This problem is easily solved, Calvin and his brother have worked at the same auto shop together since cars were invented...

They were good to listen to when, and if, they talked about engines. Or cars. The stuff they know.

But when they started into their comic stories, or ... the puzzler, they aggravated the **** out of me and I had to turn it off.

Why do they insist on taking a good thing and hoking it up with **** like that?

If it's supposed to be a show about cars, shut up and talk about cars.

dc

You missed the point, and you were not their target audience. I could usually answer the automotive questions at least as well as they did, but they were targeting folks that don't know much about what makes a car go. It was a mix of sociology and minor mechanics. They always make me laugh. And the puzzlers were a way of making people look at problems from another angle, which is what a good mechanic and a good social worker have in common.

I am going to miss them. I never needed their car advice. I have people I can call to discuss those things. They were human and funny. Not a combo we get much anymore.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
That was my daughter's reaction. It's part of our Sunday morning ritual - getting bagels & listening to Car Talk (she's 13 - not a bad way to bond with your little girl). She liked the humor & the stories as much as the auto advice. We'll miss them.

They'll be selling the complete set on CD until the end of time:

"...A pledge of $50 gets you this great season 1 CD; $150 Gets you the first 5 seasons on CD; For $500 you get EVERY episode ever made on CD, the puzzler book, and this nifty electronic talking Car Talk bottle opener (someone does the bottle opener demo, and it says in an tinny click and clack voice: Don't drive like my brother. Don't drive like MY brother.) ...."

Archived