IGNORED

Wunderlich Aftermarket Seat for R12RT

Jon_M

I notice in the Wunderlich R12RT catalog, page 4 (available as a pdf download at the BMW of Santa Cruz website), that they offer an ERGO aftermarket seat for the R12RT. Has anyone on the list bought that seat, and if so, what are your impressions?

I notice in the Wunderlich R12RT catalog, page 4 (available as a pdf download at the BMW of Santa Cruz website), that they offer an ERGO aftermarket seat for the R12RT. Has anyone on the list bought that seat, and if so, what are your impressions?

I've never ridden the seat, but I've seen other Wunderlich seats. Their workmanship is fine, but it's still just a ready-made seat.

I've never liked aftermarket seats unless they were custom made for me. To my way of thinking, one 'stock' seat isn't likely to fit me much better than another since they all have to have some kind of generic foundation. If I were you, and since you live in So. Cal, I'd take a ride up to Rocky Mayer's place and have him build you a seat that fits you perfectly.

That's just my $0.02 worth. I currently have a Mayer seat on my GS, and will get him to build one for me for the RT before summer.

If I were you, and since you live in So. Cal, I'd take a ride up to Rocky Mayer's place and have him build you a seat that fits you perfectly.I had a custom leather seat by Rick Mayer (the other brother) on my now-departed K11LT, and I liked it. But I am not thrilled by the prospect of dropping another $500 on one of his seats. For that matter, I don't know that the Wunderlich is any less. More curiosity than anything else at this point. I have yet to do any great distances on the stock (low) seat on the R12RT. Now that I've raised the bars and dropped the footpegs a bit, it may serve me just fine.

If I were you, and since you live in So. Cal, I'd take a ride up to Rocky Mayer's place and have him build you a seat that fits you perfectly.I had a custom leather seat by Rick Mayer (the other brother) on my now-departed K11LT, and I liked it. But I am not thrilled by the prospect of dropping another $500 on one of his seats. For that matter, I don't know that the Wunderlich is any less. More curiosity than anything else at this point. I have yet to do any great distances on the stock (low) seat on the R12RT. Now that I've raised the bars and dropped the footpegs a bit, it may serve me just fine.

I'm pretty sure the Wunderlich seat will be MORE than a BMS seat. The Wunderlich seat for the 1150RT is $500, and that's just the rider seat. You can get both a custom rider seat with the pillion re-covered to match for less than that from Mayer.

I'm pretty sure the Wunderlich seat will be MORE than a BMS seat.

Well, Bill Mayer is less than an hour away in Ojai, and I am going up there anyway to buy a Widder vest, so maybe I'll stop for a conversation about re-doing the seat. A problem with the low-seat option is that there is not much to work with without making the seat taller, and that I definitely do not want.

Archived