IGNORED

1100RT headlight socket

1100RTGuy

Hello everyone,

I have a '99 1100RT and noticed the high beam light on, so I changed the bulb and still nothing but low beam.

I went to pull the socket off the bulb again and it crumbled in my hand.

Is there a aftermarket replacement socket for this?

Thanks for any direction.

Jerry Johnston

If the pieces aren't totally distroyed I'd take them over to the automotive parts store and see if you could find something close.

Also check with beemerboneyard.com

Danny caddyshack Noonan

That socket is just a H4-3 socket. There is another number or two for the three pin H4 bulb, something like 5004 or 7004 but I don't recall exactly.

So, if you find one, the hard part is splicing the wires without pulling the plastic.

It is just a standard H4 Headlight socket. You can buy one at most any auto parts store. A quick search came up with THIS at Amazon. You should be able to find something similar at most any NAPA, Checker, PEP Boys, or other auto parts store. You can also buy an upgrade harness from Eastern Beaver that will fix your problem and make your headlight enough brighter to notice the difference. Which ever way you go, make sure to make all connections bullet proof. Loosing you headlight on a dark lonely road is not fun. Hard to ride by the light of the turn signals.

I did get a new socket from the auto part store and installed it and it seems to be doing the job.

Thanks for your input.

Hello everyone,

I have a '99 1100RT and noticed the high beam light on, so I changed the bulb and still nothing but low beam.

I went to pull the socket off the bulb again and it crumbled in my hand.

Is there a aftermarket replacement socket for this?

Thanks for any direction.

Archived