IGNORED

Photo for my Firefigher Colleagues

Couchrocket

Couchrocket

The fellow who used to be our "2nd in Command" at Torrance Fire, and I, once served together as drill masters at our entry academy. I shot this photo of him (Bill Peterson) as he took a group of recruits into their first live fire exercises at a local refinery's LPG fire props.

I converted the original film image to digital and then took Photoshop CS6's new "oil paint" filter to it. I was making print for Bill today, but thought I'd share it with my firefighting colleagues here at BMWST. If I do say so myself :grin: it makes a spectacular print on Epson's new "Signature Worthy" Cold Press Bright paper.

fire-training-Edit-XL.jpg

Couchrocket
NICE!

The picture slayed me. :grin:

Yeah, yeah... all you coppers are just wanna be fire fighters. :rofl:

Ah, thanks Dave.... get a D800 yet?

Got 400 of those guys up on the mountain, helicopters and a heavy tanker. Strong arid winds expected tonight, hope they're ready. I'm assigned to direct traffic at an evacuation center should it become necessary, telling people where to go, it's what I'm good at!

This was the hot spot on Tuesday evening, it's now just a line of smoke about a mile long gradually working its way up the side of the mountain.

7160623893_03ef0ba5c9_o.jpg

Lost Lake Fire (6) by Bob Palin, on Flickr

Archived