IGNORED

Pay to get "service notice" reset?

Fubar

I just did my 18,000 miles service. Took the bike over to Hap's to get the warning reset and it cost me $41. And on a Wednesday I practically had to beg to get it done before school ended the following Monday.

Anyone else having this issue? Can't say they charged me for the 12k reset but with my memory..... I like Hap's but this is BS, imo. Maybe I should check the other, independent shops in town (Precision Cycle) to see if they can do it. I'm sure it would be less $$$ and easier to arrange.

Enough kvetching, what are your thoughts?

Joe Frickin' Friday

Recommend you buy a GS-911. Not only can you reset the service notification, but you'll also be able to diagnose/reset fault codes without dragging the bike to the dealer. Handy to have if you're doing your own service, and useful also to have on the road with you (assuming you carry a laptop, netbook, or bluetooth phone with you to link to the GS-911).

Or make friends with someone with the device. I'll reset anyone's reminder for free.

dc

You're a very kind soul David and I appreciate the time you spent with me on the '09RT :wave:

Guest Kakugo

$41 to reset the service reminder? That's an outrage. I had it come on twice (each time after removing the battery... and it stayed on despite resetting the TPS) and both time dealer cleared it for free, ride in ride out.

Morning Fubar

A few sides to this.

Should the dealer have to pay for the technetium & computer time it takes to turn the service reminder off? If so, how do they recoup the time & money it costs them? Maybe add $200.00 up front to each new bike sale as a required future service commitment.

Or, should the BMW owner have to pay each time for something they don't want, didn't request, & have no use for? Someone has to pay for the dealer technician & computer time required, either the dealer, the owner, or BMWNA.

In my book that is a very controversial design. BMWNA should be required by law to pay the dealer to re-set if you can't easily do it at home yourself. That service reminder is a blatant attempt to side step the law & force you to have your bike serviced at the dealer. It that happened on an automobile there would already be a number of class action law suits forcing the company to either turn it off permanently, or re-set it for free, then maybe even compensate the owner for past out of pocket expenses even gas & travel time to take it back to the dealer for a re-set.

Problem is: as it is JUST a motorcycle & we all know those are dangerous so NORMAL people could care less about either the rider or the motorcycle. That means that BMW can do about anything they want with few if any repercussions.

A few (good) dealers will still re-set that service reminder for free for their good customers that bought a new bike from them. Others look at it as a cash cow & take advantage of the situation.

A caring dealer COULD use a GS-911 & re-set that reminder for a couple of years & many miles if they REALLY WANTED to.

For once I don't think I agree with you D.R

Our last 4 cars had service reminders, so it's a very common practice.

And as BMW doesn't appear to be suing the makers of GS-911 for copyright, they are hardly insisting of BMW and it's dealers to be the only one with that ability.

A service reminder is generally seen as a good thing.

Or make friends with someone with the device. I'll reset anyone's reminder for free.

dc

David, I'm thinking about getting a GS911.. but if I don't get the PRO model aren't you limited to ten VINs'... so, would offering this service eat up your bike "allotment"? (unless you have the pro model?)

Joe Frickin' Friday
Our last 4 cars had service reminders, so it's a very common practice.

Yep. Wife's current car (a Honda CR-V) has an oil life monitor, and a wrench on the instrument panel illuminates when the oil is into the last 15% of its life. I don't know how to reset that wrench-light. I think oil life monitors like this are becoming more common on cars.

Is $41 a reasonable charge to reset the service light on a bike? Assuming $110 an hour labor rate, that's 22 minutes. How 25 minutes might break down:

-Three minutes on the phone with the customer service rep to schedule a service appointment

-Four minutes to check the bike in when you arrive for your appointment (entering data into a computer, doing a walkaround to verify condition of bike, document mileage, etc.)

-1.5 minutes for mechanic to walk outside, find your bike, roll it into the shop

-Two minutes to get the diagnostic computer out of storage, hook it up to your bike

-Three minutes to get into the software, find the "reset service reminder option" and set the mileage at which the service reminder should illuminate again

-Two minutes to disconnect computer from bike, shut down computer and put it back into storage

-Two minutes to fill out paperwork documenting the job

-1.5 minutes to roll bike back outside

-Three minutes for CSR to complete transaction and return bike to customer

If you've got the bike in there anyway for a full 6K/12K service, then most of those steps (everything except the actual resetting of the service reminder) are already covered by the cost of that service. But if your bike is in there just to get the service reminder reset, well, the dealer has to pay his staff; $41 starts to look pretty reasonable. There's very little that a dealer will do to your bike without formally scheduling it, checking it in, and documenting it, all of which adds cost to the procedure. These guys are working, and they must be paid for their time.

FWIW it's not necessary to reset the service reminder; the bike will continue to run fine no matter how long it's illuminated.

In my book that is a very controversial design. BMWNA should be required by law to pay the dealer to re-set if you can't easily do it at home yourself. That service reminder is a blatant attempt to side step the law & force you to have your bike serviced at the dealer. It that happened on an automobile there would already be a number of class action law suits forcing the company to either turn it off permanently, or re-set it for free, then maybe even compensate the owner for past out of pocket expenses even gas & travel time to take it back to the dealer for a re-set.

Exactly. It would have been trivial for BMW to allow the owner to reset the reminder but they chose not to, and for obvious reasons. And yes, motorcycle manufacturers seem to get away with this anti-competitive and anti-consumer crap in a way that auto manufacturers never could.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Exactly. It would have been trivial for BMW to allow the owner to reset the reminder but they chose not to, and for obvious reasons. And yes, motorcycle manufacturers seem to get away with this anti-competitive and anti-consumer crap in a way that auto manufacturers never could.

I'm not sure it would have been trivial. It's not simply a matter of pushing a button and having the reminder come on again 6000 miles later, or the next time the odometer reads some multiple of 6000. If you're interfacing with the bike's computer via a GS-911 and laptop PC, the software lets you specify the next odometer reading or date (whichever comes first) at which the service reminder will re-illuminate. That sort of input is more complicated than just pushing a simple "reset" button.

I'm not sure it would have been trivial. It's not simply a matter of pushing a button and having the reminder come on again 6000 miles later, or the next time the odometer reads some multiple of 6000. If you're interfacing with the bike's computer via a GS-911 and laptop PC, the software lets you specify the next odometer reading or date (whichever comes first) at which the service reminder will re-illuminate. That sort of input is more complicated than just pushing a simple "reset" button.

It's only that complicated because BMW wants it to be, again for reasons which at the very least represent a pretty obvious conflict of interest. Many/most automobiles have dash resettable service reminders (including BMW automobiles!) so I imagine the ability is probably within the grasp of BMW's engineering staff.

Tell me more about this "Service Reminder"

My 05 R1200RT has 35k miles and I have never seen such a creature.

What does it look like and what does it say?

Is it there whenever you start/restart the bike?

Does it go away after a bit like the brake failure warning?

Thanks.

Morning

Your 2005 doesn't have it. It went into production later in the 1200RT evolution. Be glad you don't have it.

service.jpg

terryofperry

D.R.

Can you confirm this?

The Service Reminder does not come activated from the factory. It is programmed at the 600 mile service by the dealer.

It is nothing more than a dealer extortion light, plain and simple.

I did not want ot spend the money on a GS-911 but after doing the math, 300 mile round trip, a day's wages, and the fee to reset, it was a no brainer.

Terry

To JoeFF; I have an Acura(Honda) with the same oil-life wrench warning. It can be reset right from the car. I suspect your Honda is the same, you just need to look up the button sequence in the manual. Easy-peasy just like the BMW should be.

D.R.

Can you confirm this?

The Service Reminder does not come activated from the factory. It is programmed at the 600 mile service by the dealer.

Afternoon Terry

Not as far as I have ever seen. The dealer can re-program the NEXT service at the 600 mile service but they come right from the manufacturer with the service reminder already active & WILL pop up at next service due.

In fact it will come on before the time the service is due at key to remind you a service is coming up. (like a count down thing)

I hadn't taken any of my 1200 hexhead bikes in for dealer service (even the 600) & the service light came on. I did the 600 mile service on a few friends bikes & their service reminder came on.

Even with the dealer computer or GS-911 you can't turn the service reminder off. My friend (a BMW dealer tec) says they can't even program it past the next service due with the dealer computer.

It (the service reminder) can be set into the future a couple of years & (I forget how many miles) with the GS-911 but not turned off.

Mitch..not sure how complex either as my Chevrolet Tahoe has it. Push of a button and I can reset all reminders. My wifes prior BMW 328IS required a tool, probably similar to 911 to do it. The local oil change guy had one and did it for me. He usually just handed it to me, I plugged it in, and in 2 minutes I was done...

BMW bikes could certainly set it up for the user to reset if they desire...Can't imagine Chevy worked to hard at it...

I still think it's a useful tool.

What maybe should happen is that the reminder should be reprogrammed by BMW to cover the warranty period, so if the bike was not serviced accordingly then a warranty claim might be rejected.

After the warranty period, the dealer would then have the option of turning it off. This should be in the User manual, so that the owner can ask the dealer to turn it off for them.

When I was still in (West)Germany, I owned a 2nd hand BMW2002.

The first "3" series cars just came out with the service reminder.

During a service on mine, I asked the Master mechanic what it was and why it existed.

According to him, BMW added it as they had suffered in reputation and legal cases with owners that purchased a BMW car brand new, never ever had it serviced and then after 80000km+ the car would break down, often with expensive repairs and they then would sue the company.

Funny enough, according to the Tech, it was the owners of the upper class models, who were the biggest offenders.

They also had the money to engage a lawyer.

My BMW323 had it as well and mine wasn't working properly...I actually went ahead and fixed it as I thought it to be a useful reminder.

Except I didn't pay their ridicules cost for a new board and actually edged my own. At the time, these were just LED's from green to orange to red.

I can say that I have seen this service reminder on the 02 Acura RSX, 01 330ci and 11 VW Golf I have had. The one difference was that there was a manner in which to reset these cars' reminders thru a key/button reset process which was readily available thru internet search. I ended up with a GS-911 to handle it on the 08 RT I have.

Have the reminder show up is a nice, albeit unnecessary to me, reminder. And I don't mind paying the dealer to reset it but $41 seem a touch much for what was maybe, maybe 15 minutes of time spent with the bike.

It does seem to be a rather transparent way to get money out of owners who choose, for whatever reason, to do their own service. If my memory serves me correctly, I do not get charged this fee when they do the work. Of course, if they are already hitting me for $300+ bucks and probably have to have the equipment hooked up to do the work, another $41 charge would be insulting. Or maybe its hidden in the details/shop expenses line.

On a related subject: What does a 24,000 mile service run without any unexpected expenses? Oil, filter, tranny, gear oil, brake fluid flush, spark plugs, did I forget anything?

Morning Fubar

A few sides to this.

Should the dealer have to pay for the technetium & computer time it takes to turn the service reminder off? If so, how do they recoup the time & money it costs them? Maybe add $200.00 up front to each new bike sale as a required future service commitment.

Or, should the BMW owner have to pay each time for something they don't want, didn't request, & have no use for? Someone has to pay for the dealer technician & computer time required, either the dealer, the owner, or BMWNA.

Problem is: as it is JUST a motorcycle & we all know those are dangerous so NORMAL people could care less about either the rider or the motorcycle. That means that BMW can do about anything they want with few if any repercussions.

A few (good) dealers will still re-set that service reminder for free for their good customers that bought a new bike from them. Others look at it as a cash cow & take advantage of the situation.

A caring dealer COULD use a GS-911 & re-set that reminder for a couple of years & many miles if they REALLY WANTED to.

The real question is why does the manufacturer put a dealer extortion indicator light on the bike? It's not necessary and is used to drive business to the dealers.

Morning Ponch

Mainly because they CAN. With the vehicle computer system & electronic dash readouts it is very easy to add those electronic service reminders.

I presume there are other reasons for adding that reminder. Probably some riders never read the riders manual so have no idea when a service is due, or read the manual when they buy the bike then forget everything they read as time goes by.

Obviously it is a moneymaker for the dealers.

Nothing wrong with a service reminder, there just needs to be an easy way for the owner to re-set it or deactivate it at home should they choose to do their own service. BMW has to recognize that some riders live hundreds of miles (or more) from a dealer.

I suppose the good news is that service reminder is kind of benign & doesn't interfere with dash reading or riding as most RT riders can't read their electronic dash in the sunlight anyways.

A couple of my cars & trucks actually send me an E-Mail once a month showing me my tire pressures (all 4 corners), how much time is left before an oil change is due (oil change life), & an abbreviated diagnostic check of the onboard computer systems. So not only does my truck have it’s own phone number but regularly sends onboard data to a central tracking center.

Morning Ponch

Mainly because they CAN. With the vehicle computer system & electronic dash readouts it is very easy to add those electronic service reminders.

I presume there are other reasons for adding that reminder. Probably some riders never read the riders manual so have no idea when a service is due, or read the manual when they buy the bike then forget everything they read as time goes by.

Obviously it is a moneymaker for the dealers.

Nothing wrong with a service reminder, there just needs to be an easy way for the owner to re-set it or deactivate it at home should they choose to do their own service. BMW has to recognize that some riders live hundreds of miles (or more) from a dealer.

I suppose the good news is that service reminder is kind of benign & doesn't interfere with dash reading or riding as most RT riders can't read their electronic dash in the sunlight anyways.

A couple of my cars & trucks actually send me an E-Mail once a month showing me my tire pressures (all 4 corners), how much time is left before an oil change is due (oil change life), & an abbreviated diagnostic check of the onboard computer systems. So not only does my truck have it’s own phone number but regularly sends onboard data to a central tracking center.

It's benign until you want to sell the bike and some OCD potential purchaser doesn't think the bike's been taken care of even if you keep records. Just saying. Long time BMW owners are a different breed.

----

It's benign until you want to sell the bike and some OCD potential purchaser doesn't think the bike's been taken care of even if you keep records. Just saying. Long time BMW owners are a different breed.

Morning Ponch

So show them the actual service records that is WAS taken care of. Then explain why the service light is on. If they don't believe that then they won't believe anything else you tell them either.

Or have the light turned off just before selling the bike, that way you can sell a bike that was never serviced.

----

Morning Ponch

So show them the actual service records that is WAS taken care of. Then explain why the service light is on. If they don't believe that then they won't believe anything else you tell them either.

Or have the light turned off just before selling the bike, that way you can sell a bike that was never serviced.

Exactly.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Have the reminder show up is a nice, albeit unnecessary to me, reminder. And I don't mind paying the dealer to reset it but $41 seem a touch much for what was maybe, maybe 15 minutes of time spent with the bike.

At $110/hr labor rate, 15 minutes is still $27.50. Look upthread for my breakdown of how it could conceivably take longer.

Morning Fubar

That 15 minutes might turn into an hour or more. I'm not sure how far into the system the service light re-set gets at dealer level but in a lot of cases once the service computer is hooked up it automatically forces certain motorcycle computer updates. The dealer doesn't get paid for that time his service computer is tied up doing a non BMW initiated update (at least according to my BMW tec friend). So the dealer can't use his shop computer to do a tune up or trouble shooting on other bikes during that time (very costly to the dealer if that happens).

I'm just not sure if the service light re-set is intensive enough for the dealer computer to force an update.

Had mine done at GO AZ in Scottsdale AZ for free and had them set as far out as possible.

GT

They should after the prices of tires they said where "on sale". Practically MSRP and that didn't include mounting and balancing.

The way to beat the cost of tires is to buy them on line and mount them youself. Two of my riding friends and I bought a NOMAR tire changer and it has paid for it self.

GT

The way to beat the cost of tires is to buy them on line and mount them youself. Two of my riding friends and I bought a NOMAR tire changer and it has paid for it self.

GT

Could be. I got PR3's and paid 134 for the front and 201 for the back, with mounting and balancing 20 each with new vavle stems as appropriate. GOAZ wanted 309, IIRC, just for the rear and that didn't include anything. 200 for the front. That's nuts.

I got a set of PR3's from Bike Bandit (used BMWMOA code for $10 off) and they were on sale... $287 shipped, to my door.

I got a set of PR3's from Bike Bandit (used BMWMOA code for $10 off) and they were on sale... $287 shipped, to my door.

That's pretty good for bike bandit or any. In my case I support the local independent shop. I don't have a tire changer and balancer, so that's out.

Paul Mihalka

For contrast I rode a used Yamaha Majesty scooter a few weeks ago, and that one has a oil change reminder that you reset by pushing a button next to it.

At $110/hr labor rate, 15 minutes is still $27.50. Look upthread for my breakdown of how it could conceivably take longer.

I saw your breakdown.

Labor rate at my local shop is posted as $80 or $85/hour. So, $20 for 15 minutes (which it didn't take).

Honestly, I'm probably more miffed about how hard it is to get in, to schedule an appt. with any kind of reasonably quick turn around. I know weekends are prime ride time for most people so they schedule service just prior, but should it be so hard on a Wednesday to get an 10-15 minute appointment set up for less than a week out? I think I need to speak with the service manager (the owner's son) next time I see him. Pick his brain if you will. He's a good guy and we've spoken repeatedly.

dc

So will I for anyone in CT/MA/RI.

I agree that the dealer ought to get compensated for the time they spend & the tools they need to use. Some dealers figure they'll get compensated through goodwill and future sales. Some think it takes something more immediate. I can't argue with either perspective.

Or, should the BMW owner have to pay each time for something they don't want, didn't request, & have no use for?

But it is something the owner agreed to when they bought the bike. It's a feature like any others - some you like, some you don't. Some folks who aren't wrench handy may like the feature as it reminds them to service the bike. You choose to buy or not buy based on your willingness to take the ones you don't like because of the ones you do like. I'm not an especially big fan of the fuel strip design or the construction of the final drive but I'm living with the negative implications of those in order to have the bike I like. For the service reminder I have an option - either another dealer or independent who doesn't charge, an "ignore it" attitude or a GS911 (which I have).

That service reminder is a blatant attempt to side step the law & force you to have your bike serviced at the dealer. It that happened on an automobile there would already be a number of class action law suits forcing the company to either turn it off permanently, or re-set it for free, then maybe even compensate the owner for past out of pocket expenses even gas & travel time to take it back to the dealer for a re-set.

I have a similar problem with my Mercedes. I can't turn off the reminder, can't reset it and the local guy I have service it doesn't want to spend the 12K it costs for a tool that allows him to do it so I live with the reminder until something that absolutely must be done by the dealer comes up & I have him reset it at the same time as he's doing the rest of the work. No class action lawsuit I know of has forced Mercedes to make it a self-service reset.

Problem is: as it is JUST a motorcycle & we all know those are dangerous so NORMAL people could care less about either the rider or the motorcycle.

Actually I expect the problem is more than a few people ignore basic maintenance. Even motorcycle owners hard as that may be to believe ;) If I'm a manufacturer I'd rather defend myself against claims that the service indicator irritated someone than that their injuries or death are my fault when the engine seized due to lack of oil while they were doing 80 on the freeway and the car didn't indicate to them in clear words that they needed it serviced. After all drivers can't be expected to read the user manual, keep track of service requirements or pay attention to the bright red light that flashes on the dashboard distracting them and scaring them to the point that they wreck the car out of surprise and fear.

I agree that the dealer ought to get compensated for the time they spend & the tools they need to use. Some dealers figure they'll get compensated through goodwill and future sales. Some think it takes something more immediate. I can't argue with either perspective.

Or, should the BMW owner have to pay each time for something they don't want, didn't request, & have no use for?

But it is something the owner agreed to when they bought the bike. It's a feature like any others - some you like, some you don't. Some folks who aren't wrench handy may like the feature as it reminds them to service the bike. You choose to buy or not buy based on your willingness to take the ones you don't like because of the ones you do like. I'm not an especially big fan of the fuel strip design or the construction of the final drive but I'm living with the negative implications of those in order to have the bike I like. For the service reminder I have an option - either another dealer or independent who doesn't charge, an "ignore it" attitude or a GS911 (which I have).

That service reminder is a blatant attempt to side step the law & force you to have your bike serviced at the dealer. It that happened on an automobile there would already be a number of class action law suits forcing the company to either turn it off permanently, or re-set it for free, then maybe even compensate the owner for past out of pocket expenses even gas & travel time to take it back to the dealer for a re-set.

I have a similar problem with my Mercedes. I can't turn off the reminder, can't reset it and the local guy I have service it doesn't want to spend the 12K it costs for a tool that allows him to do it so I live with the reminder until something that absolutely must be done by the dealer comes up & I have him reset it at the same time as he's doing the rest of the work. No class action lawsuit I know of has forced Mercedes to make it a self-service reset.

Problem is: as it is JUST a motorcycle & we all know those are dangerous so NORMAL people could care less about either the rider or the motorcycle.

Actually I expect the problem is more than a few people ignore basic maintenance. Even motorcycle owners hard as that may be to believe ;) If I'm a manufacturer I'd rather defend myself against claims that the service indicator irritated someone than that their injuries or death are my fault when the engine seized due to lack of oil while they were doing 80 on the freeway and the car didn't indicate to them in clear words that they needed it serviced. After all drivers can't be expected to read the user manual, keep track of service requirements or pay attention to the bright red light that flashes on the dashboard distracting them and scaring them to the point that they wreck the car out of surprise and fear.

So the customer doesn't come first? As far as a service indicator light in that instance, I'd bet the computer would record that the oil was low, RPM, speed, etc and BMW has a record of service visits, so it's unnecessary from the standpoint of CYA. IMO, it's to drive business to the dealers. I'll never buy a vehicle again that I can't reset the service reminder without special tools.

I might. There are many other considerations when buying a vehicle. That is a very small issue, as I see it.

dc

I might. There are many other considerations when buying a vehicle. That is a very small issue, as I see it.

dc

Not to me. To have to take to a Stealer or buy a $300 device is ridiculous. The only reason the bike will be going to the dealer is a warranty issue if their was one. Outside of that, I'll do what is necessary.

Not to me. To have to take to a Stealer or buy a $300 device is ridiculous. The only reason the bike will be going to the dealer is a warranty issue if their was one. Outside of that, I'll do what is necessary.

And that is your choice.

Just like it is to buy a Harley instead of a Ducati for what ever reasons.

If anything, I am seeing more and more riders of the new upcoming generation, that will "not" touch their bike except for putting fuel in it and are happy to pay for all the services.

More and more woman are now riding bikes and all the ones I am familiar with, completely rely on their husbands/boyfriends to make the decision if any work is required and who does it.

And that is your choice.

Just like it is to buy a Harley instead of a Ducati for what ever reasons.

If anything, I am seeing more and more riders of the new upcoming generation, that will "not" touch their bike except for putting fuel in it and are happy to pay for all the services.

More and more woman are now riding bikes and all the ones I am familiar with, completely rely on their husbands/boyfriends to make the decision if any work is required and who does it.

That's because young people today don't learn hands on stuff. If you want to confuse a kid, ask him or her to turn a knob counter-clockwise. :grin:

"That's because young people today don't learn hands on stuff. If you want to confuse a kid, ask him or her to turn a knob counter-clockwise."

Mate...the scary part is that it's true!

So the customer doesn't come first?
Nope, never has. That whole "the customer is always right" thing is a myth. Businesses exist for one purpose and that is to make money for someone - if they don't they're out of business. Customers are merely a way to get money. Products & services are what a business trades customers for their money. Customer service is good or bad depending on how it impacts financials. If good customer service translates into more revenue than it costs, then it's a service the business decides to offer. If the cost of producing a product or service exceeds what a customer is willing to pay, then it's killed. Regardless of what you think a computer "should" be able to do for a cost that you think the manufacturer should absorb, that's clearly not something the manufacturer in this case agrees with. For that, they're going to lose you as a customer. That may not be something they care too terribly much about if they're right about the costs of producing the feature you want. Those costs include lawsuits from people who want to be hand held & are mad that they were able to disregard &/or reset the warning. The market will show whether there are enough people who will take their business elsewhere to impact their decision.

The three hundred dollar device does a whole lot more than just reset the service reminder.

And it so far has done some of that stuff to maybe 20 bikes. Including two of my own.

So it's amortized.

And essential for the do it yourselfer.

If you want to do maintenance on a BMW motorcycle, read the maintenance schedule.

One of the steps is "Read Fault Codes". Either you use the dealer, or you use your own, or your buddy's GS911. Or fall short on your maintenance.

dc

To work on my bikes, and to work on my cars I have spent a whole lot more than $300 for tools. You might say a whole holy lot more.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Honestly, I'm probably more miffed about how hard it is to get in, to schedule an appt. with any kind of reasonably quick turn around. I know weekends are prime ride time for most people so they schedule service just prior, but should it be so hard on a Wednesday to get an 10-15 minute appointment set up for less than a week out? I think I need to speak with the service manager (the owner's son) next time I see him. Pick his brain if you will. He's a good guy and we've spoken repeatedly.

If you and all his other customers were willing to pay a higher labor rate, maybe he could retain another mechanic or two on call, and then you could have more convenient scheduling.

:grin:

I'll reset anyone's service light for free in the upstate Albany, NY area.

just email me at "dwmhmail at gmail dot com."

Dave M.

Archived