IGNORED

Anyone Updated or Reinstalled Maps From Garmin Lately?

RockBottom

RockBottom

I received a repair replacement today and have been trying to reinstall the latest maps with the Lifetime Updater software. For six hours it has been saying, "Garmin servers are currently experiencing difficulty. Please try again later."

I wondered whether Garmin really is tango uniform, or I have a problem. Thansk.

Evening Rock Bottom

Are you trying to use option 1 or option 2?

If you were using option 1-- first uninstall "Lifetime Updater", then use option 2 with your GPS plugged into your computer. Download ONLY into MapSource (or Base Camp). Option 1 or " Lifetime Updater" works correctly for very few people.

Once in Map Source or (Base Camp) then use the Map Tool to select the mapping area you want to send to your replacement GPS (will go in unlocked if your mapping is unlocked to your replacement GPS).

If your "latest maps" aren't specifically unlocked for your replacements GPS then it probably won't work. You will then need to call Garmin tec help & plead/beg for them to allow your old map subscription to work with your new GPS number.

I'm a little confused. Do you not already have the maps on your PC that had been loaded on your previous GPS? Why not just load those (you'll need to call Garmin to get a new unlock code. That's no problem at all if you have just received a refurbished unit. Garmin will also want you to register your "new" unit and de-register the old one. I'd wait until you speak to them, though.).

Guest Kakugo
I received a repair replacement today and have been trying to reinstall the latest maps with the Lifetime Updater software. For six hours it has been saying, "Garmin servers are currently experiencing difficulty. Please try again later."

I wondered whether Garmin really is tango uniform, or I have a problem. Thansk.

Don't tell me... mast Fall I bought a Garmin phone. I have been trying to use the Lifetime Updater to download the latest maps for months now and I always get technical issues of one kind or another.

The phone itself is really good and the GPS is a marvel but support is lackluster to say the least. :(

RockBottom

It worked when I did the manual update rather than use the Lifetime Updater program. Which is annoying since the program worked with my previous unit.

Morning Rock Bottom

Glad you have your mapping downloaded.

Your were very fortunate to get that Life Time updater to work in the past. Most I know can't get that thing to work worth a darn.

I've had the same problem.

Make sure you update all the supporting software like Lifetime Updater before you try to download map updates. Once I updated this and any firmware on the GPS it all went down smoothly...or at least as smooth as any Garmin map update can go...

Archived