Adding EarBud 3.5 Jack to 2012 OEM RT Radio

Curve Hunter

Curve Hunter

Trying to figure this out. Will probably need to plug the EarBuds into a Boostaroo

amp (something like that) but short of pulling the radio out of the box, I can't find any diagrams or "rear views" of the radio. What's needed is an output jack of some sort. Or maybe I can just hard wire into the speaker output(s). Thoughts or comments very much appreciated. Will you reply to me at "onedeu@att.net" ?

Many thanks. deu

Afternoon Curve Hunter

Hopefully you can find a proper radio output from the radio.

You probably won't be able to wire your ear buds directly to the speaker output without overdriving, overheating, & burning up your ear buds.

I wired my Harley radio rear speaker output to a stereo ear bud jack & needed to use capacitance circuit to allow ear bud use without damaging the ear buds. An EE at work figured out what I needed to do & drew me up the protection circuit (worked great).

Curve Hunter

Thanks to all. I appreciate the information. Have checked it out, printed whatever resulted from the links. I hope we can figure something out otherwise the deal isn't going to fly. Thanks again.

Curve Hunter

Tom...many thanks for the input. Your "system" is clear to me. Will talk with the techs at my dealership in the AM. Only other thing I think might work is a MIXIT not my favorite way...or an amp/mixer from a company called TESSERACT. Had one on my 1150 RT but can't seem to locate the company. Great product! Again, Many thanks!

PS: Ever get to Dooley's out near Moline?

Curve Hunter

I'm in Pasadena, CA. But I have a friend and riding buddy who lives in Milan...just outside Moline... and owns Dooley's. It's a sports-bar. Jeff Sargent ("Sarge"). He rides an 1150 RT. If you get there tell him I said " David said he should buy you a beer!" He will.

Archived