IGNORED

Turn signal relay location 2002 RT

RTCHIEF

Turn signals quit working. All the turn signal lights came on and would not turn off when I shut the bike down with the ignition key. Pulled the fuses and the turn signal lights remained on. Disconnected the modules and the lights stayed on. Since the lights were going to drain the battery, I hooked up the battery tender. Two hours later, the battery was dead and the battery tender was very hot.

Anybody had this happen? Think it is a turn signal relay, but where is it located?

Thanks, Jon

roger 04 rt
Turn signals quit working. All the turn signal lights came on and would not turn off when I shut the bike down with the ignition key. Pulled the fuses and the turn signal lights remained on. Disconnected the modules and the lights stayed on. Since the lights were going to drain the battery, I hooked up the battery tender. Two hours later, the battery was dead and the battery tender was very hot.

Anybody had this happen? Think it is a turn signal relay, but where is it located?

Thanks, Jon

On the RT, the turn signal lights and headlights aren't fused. The relay for the turn signal lights is in the electrical compartment with the fuses and other relays, under the seats, behind the seat height adjuster.

The fuses are in the third of three rows. The turn signal relay is in the middle row, right hand side. Next to the turn signal relay in the second row is the fuel gauge damping relay, and next to that is the Pink Motronic Coding Plug.

Morning Jon

You might want to print this out & keep it on your bike somewhere.

Note: this is for the 1150RT SINGLE SPARK not the later twin spark.

1150RTfuse_Relaylayout2.jpg

roger 04 rt

Good morning DR,

This is how my twin spark looks. Any idea how they differ? Perhaps a fuse in position 9?

Interesting that the layout in the book doesn't have a coding plug,

RB

Morning Roger

A lot of 1150 Twin sparkers have a 2nd load relief relay. That relay is to power the stick coils. See if you have an extra relay to the left of the CCP in yours.

Archived