IGNORED

Good riding in the Kanab area?

Dave_in_TX

Dave_in_TX

I'm going to be spending a few days in early July in the Kanab UT area and am looking for recommendations regarding roads to ride and places to see. I'm planning to ride through Monument Valley on the way there from Austin.

Kanab is very close to Zion National Park and is worth the ride. Or you can go south out of Kanab to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon which is less traveled but probably more spectacular than the south rim. Follow Hwy 89 north out of Kanab up to Bryce Canyon and then stay on Highway 12 to Torrey. Some pretty nice scenery. From Torrey you can ride straight east to Lake Powell. The road from Hanksville around the north end of the lake crosses the Colorado river. Some pretty areas. If you have time, go on over to Moab and visit Dead Horse Point and Arches National Park.

Dave_in_TX
Kanab is very close to Zion National Park and is worth the ride. Or you can go south out of Kanab to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon which is less traveled but probably more spectacular than the south rim. Follow Hwy 89 north out of Kanab up to Bryce Canyon and then stay on Highway 12 to Torrey. Some pretty nice scenery. From Torrey you can ride straight east to Lake Powell. The road from Hanksville around the north end of the lake crosses the Colorado river. Some pretty areas. If you have time, go on over to Moab and visit Dead Horse Point and Arches National Park.

Is going down 276 and using the ferry at Hall's crossing an option?

Follow Hwy 89 north out of Kanab up to Bryce Canyon and then stay on Highway 12 to Torrey. Some pretty nice scenery. From Torrey you can ride straight east to Lake Powell. The road from Hanksville around the north end of the lake crosses the Colorado river. Some pretty areas.

I just laid out that route, including returning to Kanab for the night. That works out to be about 575 miles. That may be a bit too much to do in one day.

Archived