IGNORED

Adding ASC to 2010 RT?

w2ge

Has anyone added this option as aftermarket? I think I read somewhere that it is only something like a $400 deal that the dealer can do?? Am I right? Sounds like if so, then it is only a software and maybe handlebar switch conversion.

If it means anything I have ABS, ESA-II, cruise, etc.. no radio.

EDIT: Found a thread on BMW MOA... seems all kinds of different pricing... Thanks... It can be done.

I'm not sure it would really be worth it on an R1200. Even on a K1200GT I've only seen the ASC briefly activate once, and that was uphill on gravel.

Yeah.. I don't think I'll bother... I just came back from a 3 day tight, tight twistys ride, some 180 switchbacks in the rain and we did ride about 2 miles in the dirt up a hill to a lookout, and back down. (that was in the dry before all the rain, stood on the pegs and rode it like my dirtbike!) and I never felt my rear end go out at all...

I would like the ability to crank the throttle full blast coming out of a curve, knowing there is that "secondary helper" if I bit off more than the tire "could chew" but... I think I'll stay with throttle "prudence" as my guide. ;-)

John Bentall

I would like the ability to crank the throttle full blast coming out of a curve, knowing there is that "secondary helper" if I bit off more than the tire "could chew" but... I think I'll stay with throttle "prudence" as my guide. ;-)

I think you should discuss with your BMW dealer whether the ASC can truly act as a "secondary helper" in the traffic situation you describe.

Personally, I would not even begin to risk it.

• 1 month later...
fastbikedroid

I added it when my switchgear died and needed to be replaced, prices others quoted are correct, but luckily I only paid for the ASC option.

Archived