IGNORED

Mounting Autocom in 2010 R1200RT

Runnor

I'm wiring in an Autocom super pro into my 2010 RT. Doesn't fit very well over the rear tire under the passenger seat, but it could work. Fender is too rounded for a nice solid Velcro fit. Behind the seat, and in front of the taillight, there is not a nice flat surface either. The seat release cable bisects this nice storage area. Where do you mount yours? Could you send pics?

Thanks for the help guys.

John

John Bentall

There is a thin, flat metal bar in the tail-cone area. The Autocom factory tried to mount the unit under there, but it kept falling off!

Thanks Trojan, I don't see that same nice flat area in m y tail cone area. I'm told there is a flat bar running the width of that area, but I don't seem to have one.

John

Hi John, I'm told there is a flat bar in the back, but Im not seeing one in my 2010.

Thanks for the reply

John

John Bentall
Hi John, I'm told there is a flat bar in the back, but Im not seeing one in my 2010.

Thanks for the reply

John

My machine is a 2005.

John

Thanks for the help everyone. I decided today to mount it way in the back in the tail. Looks like it will work out ok. Just kind of a PITA to get to while your just setting it up and needing to take test rides to adjust the cox, vol, etc.

John

John -

There IS a flat bar in the tail section but its on the TOP of the opening. Autocom did a factory mount for me and they put it back there in the tail section and used heavy duty velcro to attach it to the flat section on top. It worked very well and when necessary, I was able to remove it, adjust it, and then put it back.

In fact, I've done this same mount on my new 2012 bike and it works well.

Jim

Archived