IGNORED

Autocom wire colors

johnlt

I have an autocom headset loom with a stearo femail socket for ear buds. The molded socket had a short/open in it so I cut it off. I was unable to take it apart to see the connections and match wire color to location. I have a new socket I would like to attach but don't know what wires go where. The wires include a braided shield, blue, red and white so there are four connections. I assume the braided shield just attaches to the overall ground on the socket but don't know where the other three go. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the headset ear bud drop?

FlyingFinn

Hi John,

I'm going to start charging you money for this :rofl:

Except that this time I don't really have the exact answer you're looking for, but I have something.

1) In my Autocom notes I have the following written down as the 5-pin headset connector pinout.

"Looking at the female DIN on the Autocom Headset connector:

9:00 is mic

10:30 is mic ground

12:00 is ground

1:30 is right speaker

3:00 is left speaker"

That's all I have written down regarding the 5-pin headsets, hope that makes sense to you when looking that the stuff in front of you.

2) Additionally, and this might be totally useless for you, I have this drawing for the 7-pin stuff.

This shows the color coding of the 7-pin system. Assuming the colors are somewhat consistent across the old vs. newer system, this might help you a little.

autocompinouts.jpg

--

Mikko

John, I doubt the braided shield does anything but provide shielding. The other 3 wires would be left channel, right channel, and common. You really can't hurt anything by experimenting to determine which is which. I'm gonna guess the white is the common. But to make sure, get your earbuds, put 'em in your ears, crank up some music that is easy to identify the left/right channel separation, and start playing with the wires touching them to the different positions (3)on the headset's input plug. If you only get sound in one ear, thats obviously the wrong combination. And if you get sound in both ears but theres no separation of channels (i.e. monaural sound) thats also wrong. So give it a shot--you'll figure it out pretty quickly.

Archived