IGNORED

Riding in the Poconos?

mikeR1100R

mikeR1100R

We're going to be staying in White Haven, PA for a week. Does anyone have any favorite rides in that area? We would prefer to keep the mileage between 150 and 200 for a nice leisurely day's ride.

One route we like the sound of is a 190 mile loop going to World's End State Park that we got from Sunday Morning Rides.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I will try to put together some of my favorites in the area. A word of caution, try to stay away from the eastern side of the Pocono area (Mt Pocono) traffic is very congested on the weekends unless you get by early.If you want to get off your bikes for a day there is a 24(?) mile bike trail that follows the old railroad bed down through the Lehigh Gorge it is a hard packed gravel road at a constant 1% down hill grade all the way to Jim Thorpe PA. I believe you can break it in half by stopping at Rockport SP. You rent a bike at the top and they bus you back to the top. The Lehigh Gorge is a beautiful place this time of year.

I put This Loop together it is 145 miles and there are thing you can do along the way. Point C is Centralia PA, Point D is Pottsville where you will find D. G. Yuengling America's oldest brewery ,Point E is Hermy's BMW, Point I is Historic Jim Thorpe If you are interested you are not far from No. 9 Coal mine tour and Museum or the Eckley Miners Village Museum Ride safe,have fun. I am not far from White Haven feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

mikeR1100R

Hey Pat and ltljohn!

Thanks for the info and ideas. We like your loop ltljohn and have reproduced it into our new zumo 220. Checking out Hyner View State Park, too Pat.

We may do an all day trip out to Gettysburg on my bike. ( May be a bit much too ask of the Ninja).

Any plans for another sunrise trip up Mt. Washington Pat? :grin:

Thanks again guys!

Any plans for another sunrise trip up Mt. Washington Pat? :grin:

Ray was the mastermind behind that one! Very happy I had the experience but one time is all I need in this lifetime. :grin:

You guys have fun! :wave:

Pat

Archived