IGNORED

03 1150RT tankbag

Caleab

Hello. I feel the need to add to the millions of tankbag posts, but only because there's nothing remotely newish.

My question....what are you guys using now on the 2003 RT?

I bought a used Big Mak and it's ok, but honks the horn at full lock. So I then bought a used Bags Connection Engage with all the farkles.... Even worse. At full lock to the left, not only do I get a horn honking, but I also get a turn signal and screen raised or lowered.

Not really asking much...just want a well made tankbag that doesn't hit controls at full lock and is easy on/off and looks decent.

Anyone got suggestions or help....this is killin my wallet.

Bill_Walker

I wonder if you got the wrong model of Big Mak bag (i.e., one intended for a different bike). I finally got around to putting the used one I bought ages ago on my '04 RT for Torrey, and it performed like a champ and never pressed any buttons. Which is more than can be said for the somewhat larger Marsee bag I was using before.

SteveHebert

I also have not had an issue with the BigMak, but I like the Marsee 10 liter with hard plastic top and Carona mounting system. That will be my next purchase. With the electric kit installed, the cost is around $270.

I have a Bags-Connection Daypack II on my RT. Easy on easy off. Holds 5-7 liters and does not touch the paint. Nice quality and not too expensive.

No idea really. I got it from someone on AdvRider that was using it on an RT.

Perfect storage size and all, just hits buttons.

Oops.. Forgot to quote. :)

Not sure which 'model' Big Mak.

I have a Bags-Connection Daypack II on my RT. Easy on easy off. Holds 5-7 liters and does not touch the paint. Nice quality and not too expensive.

I've looked at the City bag, but after tha with the Engage, not sure what to trust. The mounting system seems good and I've got the map cover, rain cover and GPS mount to go. Great construction on the bag also.

I have an 03 RT, and one of the things I really like about it is how well my BMW OEM Multivario bag works. I was patient and bought one over at ibmwr.org/marketplace for about a hundred bucks. I've had Wolfman's for my airhead, and I like the way this bag works better. And it holds a TON of stuff. I need to replace the velcro piece that attaches it to the frame, but even with that shortcoming it works really, really well.

In the Winter, my Big Mak also toots the horn at full lock, but it's because I have my heated gear controller and a damp faceshield cloth in the outside mesh pocket.

-----

You could try this lady she comes very highly reccomended by the guys that do lots of miles ( IBA ) Linda T, maybe a little expensive but you get what you pay for.

They are custom made to suit your bike and she has had an 1100RT and made bags for it.

try here http://www.customtankbags.com/

You could try this lady she comes very highly reccomended by the guys that do lots of miles ( IBA ) Linda T, maybe a little expensive but you get what you pay for.

They are custom made to suit your bike and she has had an 1100RT and made bags for it.

Great link, thanks! I am looking for a bag to swap between the 02RT and the 01 R1100S and put my electronics in. I have a Fieldsheer bag I've used on the RT but like others, it hits the horn button and the mount system is not secure, the bag moves around too much. I've been looking at ring lock mounts but the RT and S tanks/gas caps are in different locations. Hopefully the custom lady will have an affordable solution.

Hawk

Hi

If you visit the site and look at the photo section there are some good shots of the mount and im sure a second mount to fit your 1100s could be made easilyor a modified RT mount.

Hope it works out ok for you ....

Great link, thanks! I am looking for a bag to swap between the 02RT and the 01 R1100S and put my electronics in. I have a Fieldsheer bag I've used on the RT but like others, it hits the horn button and the mount system is not secure, the bag moves around too much. I've been looking at ring lock mounts but the RT and S tanks/gas caps are in different locations. Hopefully the custom lady will have an affordable solution.

Hawk

Even doing repairs on MultiVario bags-- other fellow that was doing that closed up, so excellent source.

Archived