IGNORED

Valentine One and Autocom

Steve Kolenda

Steve Kolenda

On my 2011 R1200RT I currently have a Autocom Super Pro Automatic with Zumo 665 connected and am looking at purchasing a Valentine One radar detector. Does anyone know if I will need any special adapters or cables to make the audio or power connections work properly?

Not sure how the autocom works (hard wire inputs or bluetooth) but a V-1 needs a remote audio adapter for standard headphone use. I use my remote audio to operate a Marc Parnes vis-alert. The V-1 is on a BMR shelf and I can usually hear it go off as well as see it with the vis alert for added insurance. As to cables Valentine uses phone rj-11 for connections. You wold need one for the connection between the detector and audio adapter

Steve Kolenda

hink,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm thinking about trying the unit without the audio going through the Autocom. How loud is the audio out of the detector itself?

John Bentall

The V-1 has probably got a 2.5mm or 3.5mm mono output. Autocom make a number of different length cables that terminate in 4-pole (T2) connector. Your will also need a part #2251 isolation adaptor.

hink,

...I'm thinking about trying the unit without the audio going through the Autocom. How loud is the audio out of the detector itself?

I have always mounted my V1 on an RCU shelf, both the 1100 and the 1200. In both cases, the built in audio is inaudible at any sort of speed.

I currently use the Autocom audio adapter to feed the audio into my Autocom.

One though that had not previously occurred to me is that it might be possible to use the audio adapter mounted in a different location to improve the ability to hear the warnings. My thought would be to mount adapter low on the handle bars and aim the "speaker" up under the helmet.

I still doubt this would work, especially if one wears earplugs.

Steve Kolenda

Michael,

What is the Autocom Audio Adaptor? Is that an Autocom or Valentine item?

Thanks

Archived