IGNORED

CO Pot tuning without analyser?

Caerleon

I know that this may not apply or shouldnt to the US sold bikes, but for the European (UK) models. Does anyone have a link to a resistance chart for manually setting the CO level in a open loop system?

I set my pot this weekend and found it was running at 6.7%CO! no wonder i never had any surging, just had a problem with smooth throttle response =). I set it to 1.2%CO and the bike is alot smoother, although it does need another carb setup and balance.

The resistance i have on pins 1 and 2 is 61ohms for this setting, just wondering if there is a open loop wizard who may have a source for this data.

Morning Caerleon

The Co adjustment kind of varies by bike & application so you can't say that this or that resistance will give you X or Y Co. TPS setting has some to do with the fueling at idle so it is a combination of TPS & trim pot that gives the final Co.

What we used to do here in the U.S. when we would drive the 1100 open loop by removing the CCP & adding a trim pot (or Homemade Co trim pot) was to count the turns of the pot trim screw then center it in the adjustment range, then ride the bike for a baseline. Then go 2 turns richer & ride it again. Basically keep adjusting while shooting for best low speed throttle response with no surging & decent idle.

Something I always thought about but never did was to start at 2 turns lean of center then keep adjusting the trim screw until it just hit highest idle RPM then go 1 turn lean from there.

Paul Mihalka

"Something I always thought about but never did was to start at 2 turns lean of center then keep adjusting the trim screw until it just hit highest idle RPM then go 1 turn lean from there"

That is more or less what I was doing on my R1100RT. Pretty much works like the idle mixture on a carburetor.

Clive Liddell

I just aimed at best idle speed and left it at that. Yes as Paul said treat it like idle mixture on a carburettor.

Archived