IGNORED

System Cases For R1150RT...

Ridin' Raoul

Ridin' Raoul

Am I correct in thinking that there are 3 different size system cases for the R1150RT? I know what the city cases are, but are there any names/model numbers for the 'medium' and 'large' size cases? It would help to know when looking at these online...

Are there any good online sources (besides Ebay) for good, used cases?

The "back" is the same.

City/standard/touring lids are/were available.

City, think po po bike, standard, stock, touring added 6L (I think) to each side.

The touring lids do add width, I added them w/intention of swapping

when 2 up touring but have left them on full time.

Does make for a fat rear end, but I'm not following me...

:/

From any BMW dealer.

They are expensive at a dealer. Consider buying used ones if rashed lids are ok with you. Rash is cosmetic only.

I went from city to standard on my RT-P.

• 2 weeks later...
biometrics

I lucked out on ebay and found some "rashed" touring lids to put on my City cases for less than $45 total... I haven't sanded and painted the rash area yet, but they fit perfectly and gave at least 100% increase in what I can carry on my RT-P.

I have been thinking of coating them in truck bed liner... that should be a bit more durable, and easy to touch up...

Am I correct in thinking that there are 3 different size system cases for the R1150RT? I know what the city cases are, but are there any names/model numbers for the 'medium' and 'large' size cases? It would help to know when looking at these online...

Are there any good online sources (besides Ebay) for good, used cases?

You can buy new complete cases with the "normal" lids. You can buy replacement lids in the "city case" or the extra large size. The non-lid side of the case is always the same, although for left sides there are smaller and larger versions depending on whether the bike is a GS or R or not. You don't want the smaller one. Some K-bike system cases look similar but aren't.

Most of this information is lost when reading ads for used equipment, so you have to be careful.

ADVRIDERS and MOA have flea markets as does IBMWR.

Archived