IGNORED

GS-911

tbird1

I was lucky enough to come across some money and bought a GS-911 for use on my R1150RT. Hooking it up was easy and it rattled off some information and no faults, which was nice. Does anyone know of a manual or listing which lists the faults and what to do about them for this device. For example the TPS can be set from inside the software, or can it? Mainly I bought it because I just spent some time bleeding the ABS and wanted to make sure the bike was OK

Brian

roger 04 rt

I use mine a lot. There isn't a lot of documentation but there is a Google support group. There's lots you can do with it including tps adjustment. I even turned it into a dyno last weekend.

No. There is no list. There are too many of them to list. They are in the device. It will tell you if something is wrong. But it will only tell you what circuit or area the fault is in, with maybe a "possible" listed with it.

Just like any other code reader.

You then have to figure out what the problem is, within that area, and what to do about it.

And I should point out it is one of the most excellent and helpful devices you can get for your bike.

Just like the RepROM.

dc

I fitted the 911 to the 1150rt and it found no faults, which is a good thing . It would not communicate with the ABS unit when I went to that section of the software. Seems odd as the unit is making all the normal wheezy noises. I tested the fuel pump . It works.

I just wish there was something that gives a reason why it doesn't communicate with the ABS. Sort of "fails to communicate with the ABS" because the engine must be running sort of thing. Maybe this is something we can start?

Brian

Where did you buy the GS911? If you have a bootleg made in China unit, you ought to know it won't work right.

If you have a legitimate unit, just ask the manufrr. They respond.

dc

It's legit all right. Bought here in AU from a BMW dealer and registered on line with hex code. $412

Brian

What it does and what it will do for each model should be on their website.

If you email a question to them, they will respond.

The chief there, Stephan is also on advrider. I think he regularly posts over there.

dc

Archived