Anybody want a disfunctional iABS unit from a RTP?

DonW

Hello all, a few months ago the iABS unit on my '04 R1150RTP failed. I removed it and went to "normal" brakes (which I love, BTW).

I intended to dissect the ABS unit, just to see what's inside, and to see if I could fix it. Turns out I have no time.

Anyone else interested? I'm hoping someone will take pictures and help educate this group. Maybe the unit will be useful for parts?

All I ask is that you pay shipping from NorCal.

Thanks,

Don

This was just posted last night on the BMWMOA forum. I am sure this guy would appreciate the parts for his start up company and may be of help to others in the community.......

Tyler at Module Master (www.modulemaster.com) started to work on BMW early ABS units and became pretty good with repairing them... He wanted to start working and be able to fix servo motor ABS- I-ABS, Integrated ABS, also known as ABS-III- which is the type used on my 2005 1200 GS... Well guess what after much trial and error and sourcing of parts Tyler worked through a lot of tough issues and FIXED IT!!! Wow we have a place to send these now to be repaired...Got the Pressure Modulator back . Steve my BMW mechanic put it in and have put close to 200 miles on it ...NO ISSUES.... Take a look at their web site and see what other car fixes they do ,some amazing stuff... Also if you have any ABS units laying around that you may have replaced ..send them out to Tyler , they need parts and cores because they can't be sourced anywhere...Finally an alternative to paying the Fatherland $2,400...Please post this where other BMW owners can see

I'm more intersted in the conversion, if you followed any procedure I could possibly get my hands on with instructions and pics. Could you post a link?

Sent Carlos a PM. Anyone else that wants those instructions, PM me with an email address I can send a LARGE file to.

Don

Archived