Are all Sargent seats the same?

raporte

I'm 6'3" at 250 lbs. Are all Sargent seats the same size and fit? If I buy one online, how would I know if it's the right 'setup' before I buy? Or can you have them (or others) refit it? Thanks!

I don't think they do custom fitting - but you could call them they may have changed that policy. If you're buying for the 2004 1150RT there's a very good chance you will absolutely love the seat. Had one on my 1150 and it was the most comfortable seat I ever had. I found that the later RT models like the 2005 and newer seats weren't anywhere near the comfort of the 1150RT seats (for me anyway).

You have nothing to lose. If you don't like your seat Sargent will take it back and give you a full refund. They are quite the stand-up company.

Matts_12GS

If it is an off the shelf seat, they are pretty much the same. They will do custom work if you ask them. It's pricey though.

Yes ... all Sargent seats are the same when you buy them but the will do custom work. And as noted they have a great 30 day policy. I had a Sargent on my R1100RT and hated it but have one on my R1200RT and love it!!

Have also had good luck with Rick Mayer on my R1150GS and his service was very good as well.

Sargent makes a low seat which is low and a regular seat which isn't quite as low. Other than that they are identical.

RichEdwards

At 6'2" and 190 lbs. I find the Sargent seat an excellent product. I had one on my '05 GS and now I have one on my '09 GSA. Very comfortable and way better than stock. I had mine made in black and red to match my bike.

DSCN0039-L.jpg

Archived