IGNORED

Torrey check in

azkaisr

Arrived in at 1ish. Started today below freezing and it is well over 100 here now. Glorious time as usual. More later.

Brant Herbert

Pulled into the garage at 1. The 65+ degree temp spread during the day made for an interesting and enjoyable sprint home. Thanks, Tom, for leading it out today and for chasing the deer away. Had a great time!

Pulled into the garage at 1. The 65+ degree temp spread during the day made for an interesting and enjoyable sprint home. Thanks, Tom, for leading it out today and for chasing the deer away. Had a great time!

I'm sure Tommy just charmed the deer into moving.

Arrived home at 3:30-- all was good but it got a little warm about 40 miles from home. Was great to see old friends and make a few new ones-- Torrey is always great!!!!

Bob and Susie back in the barn and all is well.

No good pictures but I did document some of the"Risers" install on the KTM if you are interested.

Good times again... glad to see you all.

PhillyFlash

Left Torrey at 7 am MST, home at 4 pm MST. Said goodbye to Brian T at Mt. Carmel Jct. Craig and I cooked (literally and figuratively) into Phoenix making pretty good time, with no mishaps. Fun time in Torrey after missing the last 2. I now have led the slow ride, the snow ride, and now the slow, snow ride. Gret to see old and new friends.

Arrived in at 1ish. Started today below freezing and it is well over 100 here now. Glorious time as usual. More later.

I guess you found gas in Loa. (That was me behind you guys this morning.) Definitely a chilly ride. I didn't thaw out until I hit Oregon.

Made it to Pendleton after a 12 hour ride for my overnight on the way to Seattle. Great seeing everyone again. :thumbsup:

Brant Herbert

I guess you found gas in Loa. (That was me behind you guys this morning.)

Yeah, the shop was obviously closed but the pumps where on. Good thing. Wondered who the other 4am riser was :)

Home safe by 8:30. Decided to forgo the overnight stop at Stateline and just kept on riding into the Eclipse to get home to the kiddies. Started the day at 40F and made it up to 107F at Baker, before dropping back down to 64F at home. Talk about temp swings.

Thanks again everyone for another awesome Torrey. I always get the blues on the way home knowing it's gonna be a while until I see you hoons again. :wave:

Left Saturday so we could stop at the North Rim then down to Flagstaff to drop in at the "Overland Expo" on Sunday morning. Very interesting adventure touring vendors for bikes as well as 4WD vehicles. Really a big show with several thousand folks there. Anyway, once we dropped down into the desert valley it was well over 100 for the rest of the trip buy no mishaps. Had a great time showing my son around our Torrey roads. Tried the new cowboy steakhouse and saloon and odds are 10 to 1 that it will be gone by next year. Probably convert it into a hardware store!!

Left this morning (Monday) at 6:30 and was home at 10:00.

I had a great week. It is always so nice to be able to reconnect or connect and be able to spend some quality time visting in such a relaxed enviornment.

The Ducati was a blast. Fish Lake and 12 are perfect roads for the little Italian.

The eclipse viewing party was a real topper to a great week.

Thanks again to those sneaky people who fueled the pickup. You certainly didn't need to do that.

We made it home as well. We had a blast and are so glad we changed our minds at the last minute and it was great to see everyone!! Thanks to the folks of Torrey for opening up their town to us. See everyone in the fall!

Left at 7:00, dropped the "seat cover" (nice Al) off in Payson then back to Tucson around 8:30. A good break in for the new GS.

TZ

chrisolson

Back home 3:30 Phx time Monday. Great weekend as always with the added bounus of the annular eclipse which was pretty amazing!

**   Chris   **

Brothers Blaschke are back in the land of Plenty!

Had a great time, already have name down for Spring of 2013!

Made it home Monday about 3:00 PM after leaving Torrey at 6:00 AM. One of the more mild return trips in recent memory as the temperature range experienced was only 39 to 92 degrees.

Another great Torrey. It's always a treat seeing old friends and making new ones.

Unique to this Torrey event, the eclipse party was something special!

Thanks all!

barryNmarin

In the barn at 6pm after a 5am kickoff. Hope I didn't wake you up when I left this morning Louise.... hope I did wake you up when I left this morning Larry.

A ton of thanks to Edd for loaning me his Gerbings for the ride home; I needed them!

I've been to a bunch of Torrey's and I think this may have been my favorite to date. It wasn't the biggest but it was among the best. The weather was fantastic as were all of the people. Really enjoyed first timers, Buster & Marilyn and Brian too.

Got a performance award on the way home, ouch!! I was overdue so I'm not complaining. It was my own fault as I had a little lapse in concentration late in the day.

Looking forward to Fall Torrey. I never get tired of the scenery or the people. Ditto what Brian said.

Louise and I are in Salida Colorado after a nice ride over Independence Pass with Jan and Sharon. We met up with RoadScholar and his SO for dinner. We will be heading for home in a bit.

Sue and I headed down 12 (loved the tar snakes) then 89 to Kanab. Took the Best Friends tour, viewed the eclipse, then headed to Mesquite for the night. Woke up pre-dawn for the great desert crossing and arrived back by 11:30am Monday. Great time and good company!

Bill_Walker

It was soooo good to be back in Torrey, and to see a bunch of BMWSTers!

I left Torrey about 8:20 on Monday, deciding to take a different route home than usual. I went down south and rode down the Moki Dugway to Kayenta, then on to Flagstaff (160 & 89 were really busy!) with a brief stop at Monument Valley. After that, it was I-40 all the way to Needles, CA, where at 109 degrees and 5:45 PM I decided I'd had enough. I got up early this morning to beat the heat, cut across to I-10, then down to Mecca and Borrego Springs, where I rode the glass elevator to Ranchita and then went down the hill to home. Got home about 11:30.

Just got home about 40 minutes ago. Typically bad/tiring wind from Fort Morgan all the way to Iowa. Worth it to come to Torrey?

Youbetcha X 10.

Always great to see old friends and meet new ones!

See you at Salida & Fall Torrey!

Marilyn & I left Sunday morning at 6:00 & after a side trip to the North Rim arrived in Albuquerque just after 10:00 pm.

Monday, we left Albuq, headed towards Clovis by way of Ft Sumner...seemed a natural to see Billy The Kid's grave site. We arrived in Corpus Christi, LATE Monday, just before 12:00

As some of this year's noob's, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! The only thing better than the roads, scenery, historical sites & the Chuckwagon were the people!

Special thanks to Larry & Louise for acting as the den leaders of the group. :-)

Barry, Bill,Edd...thanks for keeping me in the rear view mirror. Enjoyed every minute of getting to know you guys.

Micheal,Tommy, Chris, Jan, Sharon and everyone else,..thanks for making us welcome.

After reading about Torrey for the last 2-3 years, I can honestly say that Everyone who reads this forum, owes it to themselves to do to at least one.

As I stated previously, when you combine the roads, scenery, historical sites, the Chuckwagon, with all of the great people you will meet....can't be beat.

Buster & Marilyn

PS: We are already on the list for next May's ride.

Bill_Walker
PS: We are already on the list for next May's ride.

What, you're not coming in September?

It was pleasure meeting, hanging out with, and riding with you and Marilyn!

Calvin  (no socks)

Sorry, I have been home since Tuesday night....From the east coast to Torrey and back to the coast in a week..6th spring running for me. Several undocumented SS1000s and Butt Burners just to hang with friends, bum around town and explore the back country. Took the LT for a little dirt ride with Barry..

The Minnesota brothers made it home safely. Rick left Torrey on Sunday morning for Vegas. The Hurricane had a little clutch slippage just into NV, but cracking the bleeder got it working well enough to make it home.

Brian left Torrey on Monday, and headed away from Minnesota, to take highway 143 from Panguitch to Parowan (past Brian Head Ski area). 143 was spectacular! Then hit I-15 (with 80 mph "test" sections!) up to I-70, then east. High heat in eastern UT and western CO, but had to layer up at Vail. Made it to Longmont, CO the first night.

Tuesday AM, I headed North to Wyoming, caught 85 outside of Cheyenne, up to Newcastle, and into the Black Hills. Hit Spearfish Canyon road (14a, Wow!) to Spearfish, SD and connected to I-90. Just west of Chamberlain, SD, hit epic crosswind :eek: (35 gusting to 45 straight out of the South). Had to slow down to make it more bearable. Once in Minnesota (well after dark) had to slow down even more to watch for blowing top-soil, and deer. Saw several live ones (deer) on the side of the road and three freshly hit on the road. Rolled into Minneapolis at 3 AM Wednesday morning. Google says 964 miles on day 2.

I can barely find words to describe how incredible everything was. The scenery was fabulous, the roads were incredible, and the people even better. From the bottom of my heart, thanks to everyone for making this a memorable trip for a couple of noobs. It was a pleasure to meet everyone and to put some faces with names. I'm terrible with names, so I guess I'll just have to do it all again until I get 'em right!

Thanks to Larry, Louise, Twisties, Bullet, Ron B., Eddd, Bill Walker, the Texas Brothers, Killer, Janet, Biff, Joe, Michelle, Valentine, and everyone else (did I mention that I'm terrible with names?).

Lone_RT_rider
Calvin and his LT on 154 between Bicknell and Escalante:

IMG2123-M.jpg

Hey, that guy stole my Stich! :rofl:

r1150gsrider
Thanks to Larry, Louise, Twisties, Bullet, Ron B., Eddd, Bill Walker, the Texas Brothers, Killer, Janet, Biff, Joe, Michelle, Valentine, and everyone else (did I mention that I'm terrible with names?).

I am terrible with names as well and wish I had more time than 1 day and 2 nights to visit with everyone. I will claim to be one of the Texas Brothers....Randy and Chris.

Great to meet everyone!

Randy

Archived