IGNORED

New here

Trojan

Hello all. John from Iowa, new here. Posted the other day re: gps setup, already received help right away. Many thanks.

Began riding in 2008 with '08 V-Star 1100 after 37 year layoff (had Yamaha 250 DT1e back then), and in 2009 added an '09 R1200RT. What a machine. Have never ridden on any trip, but have put 10K on the RT riding around my area. Excited about planning solo trip to AZ this fall.

See you in cyberspace.

Best, John

Matts_12GS

Welcome John from eye-wuh!!

Glad you are enjoying your bike and getting out on the road. My first BMW was a real eye opener as to what I was able to accomplish on a motorcycle, and it really make it fun.

Best advice I can give you is to look around at the ride planning stuff and go find something in your region and go meet these people. It's a great bunch, lots of cool stories to share (some are even true!!) and are a great resource to have around when you need them for your bike.

Hello John and welcome.

Short notice, I know, but here's some food for thought along the lines of meeting up for rides ... CLICKY

Morning guys, thanks for the kind welcomes, and the trip suggestions. The trips sure would be fun - I'll be biting off as much as time allows this September with a trip from Iowa to AZ, likely via Nebraska, Colorado, and Utah on the way out, and perhaps a more southern route on the way back. That'll be my first real trip on the bike. I'm already enjoying planning for the journey.

John

DaveinNCMn
Hello all. John from Iowa, new here. Posted the other day re: gps setup, already received help right away. Many thanks.

Began riding in 2008 with '08 V-Star 1100 after 37 year layoff (had Yamaha 250 DT1e back then), and in 2009 added an '09 R1200RT. What a machine. Have never ridden on any trip, but have put 10K on the RT riding around my area. Excited about planning solo trip to AZ this fall.

See you in cyberspace.

Best, John

Hello John,

Welcome. I know you from the BLT forum where my ID is Northwoods.

I too bought my (09) RT from Gina in early August of 09. I made a first-service appt for 2 days later and went out and did the break-in run in southern Wisconsin. After getting the 600 mile done, I immediately left on a tour to visit an old friend in Arizona. I put on over 4k miles and the RT never missed a beat.

I lived in Colorado for 32 years (yep, am a senior) and if you've never been through there, you're in for a treat. In the mountains, you'll be scrubbing off some of that tire-side rubber we retain from riding on our mid-west roads.

Am very familiar with Ut, Wy, Mt, Ks, Nb also. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Good luck on your adventure,

Archived