IGNORED

PIAA light mounts

slowman

Does anyone know where I can get these light mounts. They were available at Cyclegadgets.com but they are out of business..

Thanks in advance...

lightbar2_small.jpg

I can't answer your question, but I must say that the mount you show us is pretty ugly and very vulnerable. I have seen mounts that pick up on the mirror pods, and also for the small PIAA's ones that fit under the oil cooler.

Andy

Hi Andy: I have used similar mount for 5 years with no problems even after dropping the bike? The lights under the oil cooler? Not good luck with those as my front end will very occasionally bottom out on pot holes and crush the lights between the fender and tupperware.

Does anyone know where I can get these light mounts. They were available at Cyclegadgets.com but they are out of business..

Thanks in advance...

lightbar2_small.jpg

When cyclegadgets was in business they had a mount similar to this one except the lights mounted below the mirrors. Anyone have any ideas where I can get these but the lights mount under the mirrors.

zaborlight.jpg

Slowman -

Just sympathizin'. Cyclegadgets offered the EMP brackets (by EMP Designs) which are the above-mirror platforms you pictured, and as you know are no longer available. I've turned over rocks to find them and eventually found similar mounts offered here on our classifieds and snapped them up. Some preferred the Ezy-Mount, offered here, with the lights mounted in the oil cooler area. The drawback is contact with the big 'ol fender is possible under heavy compression, and you have to be happy with the small PIAAs.

None of this answers your question, however. I recall there being mounts for under the mirror, even searched our old FAQ, but the link is broken. Can't for the life of me remember who had them, nor who made them.

If neither Motolights nor Martin Fabrications solutions float your boat, and you run out of options, PM me and I (with permission of the designer) can send you plans to have your own EMP-like brackets fabricated. Lastly, Fernando Belair recalled that Warn at Trail Tech had above the mirror brackets for their (then) new line of HID driving lights when he was at the Redmond BMW-MOA meet - so you might call them.

Good luck!

Our member Dan Cata sells over-the-mirror mounts here. These are made of stainless steel, as opposed to the EMP brackets that used to be made by another of our members

I realise you are looking for under-mirror mounts but others may benefit from these.

Andy

would they be the RBR set, a flat bar that bolt on

a bracket up in the fairing?

I think that was one also. RBR is also out of business. I want to mount the aux lights outside of the outside of the forks right next to the oil cooler area..

would they be the RBR set, a flat bar that bolt on

a bracket up in the fairing?

I think that was one also. RBR is also out of business. I want to mount the aux lights outside of the outside of the forks right next to the oil cooler area..

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Anyone know where I can get these mounts...

attachment.php?attachmentid=236240&stc=1&d=1280544191

Archived