IGNORED

Is this adjustment correct?

dirtdreamer50

dirtdreamer50

Recently bought an 03 1150 RT. There is zero slack in the throttle cable adjustment. Turning the bars has no effect on engine rpm, so I know it isn't a problem. I read that some suggest this is done to assist in slow speed acceleration smoothness. Is all well set this way? I have gotten used to the feel of it and would as soon keep it this way, if it doesn't present some type of problem for the bike.

I don't think it's correct according to the spec, but I set all my bikes up that way for the reason you mentioned.

Morning dirtdreamer50

"0" upper cable slack is not to spec but as long as it isn't causing you any issues no reason to change it.

A lot of us set the cable slack to almost none as that seems to make precise throttle control easier.

DOT has a mandated amount of slack in m/c throttle cables. I don't know what the spec is, but I do know it's horrendous.

I'm with dirtrider here. First thing I do with a new bike is adjust all possible slack out of the throttle cables.

dirtdreamer50
DOT has a mandated amount of slack in m/c throttle cables. I don't know what the spec is, but I do know it's horrendous.

I'm with dirtrider here. First thing I do with a new bike is adjust all possible slack out of the throttle cables.

Don't you just love government intrusion for our own good? I rode 250/300 miles today with the throttle cable set at 0 slack and it worked smoothly and so fine... Take that DOT... dd50

Archived