IGNORED

iPhone to Zumo-music?

TrickLidz

If I pair my Iphone with the Zumo (via BT), will I also hear the music/Pandora from the phone through my headsets??

My Droid X is interfaced to my Zumo and phone calls, both making and receiving work great. I tried playing one of my mp3s on the

Droid while interfaced and it did not come through the Zumo. Without any hard connection to the phone, it only comes through the speakers on the phone.

If I pair my Iphone with the Zumo (via BT), will I also hear the music/Pandora from the phone through my headsets??

The easier solution might be the simple one... use an audio cable from the iPhone to the audio-in jack on the zumo. I have not done it, but ought to be an easy/cheap experiment.

Zumo needs to be in a powered mount...

The audio jack on the Zumo is a stereo output. I run a 3.5mm cable from the Zumo to my MixIt2 amp input. From what I understand, Zumo's will not output BT MP3 music.

OK-- that doesn't work at all-- only phone pairs with Zumo--but my XM still works so that's OK.

New question----I can make calls with the phone through the BT to the Zumo but the audio from my "Wired" headsets (AutoCom) will not go through. The Autocom has a 3.5mm port labelled "phone" and the Zumo has a 2.5mm port labelled "microphone"--- do I have to attach a cord to these two ports for the microphone from the headset to work through the Zumo?? I have the cord from Autocom for this as my old phone had a small 2.5mm output port that I never got around to trying..where the IPhone doesn't.

I have never been able to get the audio OUT from a cell phone to work with the Zumo and "wired" intercom system!!

TIA

Autocom makes special "Zumo interface cable". It has boh connectors for the Zumo. It is expensive but works great.

realshelby

When running the hard wired headset to the Zumo I had to use a cable with the "microphone" lead also. Edsets is what I used.

One of my bigger disappointments is the XM-Zumo deal. From the start, having to buy the external receiver/antenna to having the Sena bluetooth headset.....that requires a hardwire to hear XM from the Zumo. I love having the phone interface on the screen of the Zumo but don't like the complications of how the phone/music/gps/xm are taken care of with the Sena. I guess I'll have to pull up a chair and figure out the best way to link the phone to the Sena for phone use and maybe Pandora, then the Zumo to Sena for gps only.....life is complicated...

Autocom Matt

Bluetooth has several profiles. Common stacks include agreed upon standards although a manufacturer may also create a proprietary profile. A2DP is used for stereo, high quality, unidirectional audio. HSP (and HFP in old phones) is a lower quality, mono + microphone profile.

The zumo leverages both. When listening to music you are using the A2DP profile. When initiating or receiving a phone call, the A2DP stream disconnects and the connection establishes a HSP/HFP connection.

Wired audio is always sent out the side of the 660/665 unless the harness is connected. If the 3.5 mm jack on the cable is connected, the outputs on the unit are deactivated. Same goes for the 2.5mm microphone in.

When used with Autocom, the zumo interface cable combines the commons and goes to a 4-pole plug with the same pinout as an iPhone. Due to the Autocom and the zumo both being powered from the motorcycle this interface uses 1:1 isolation transformers to break the DC path. If one powers the Autocom from an independent battery or an isolated power supply, these transformers would not be needed.

If you have a zumo and simply want to hear your directions and good music, simply plug in-ear monitors into the side of the unit. If you need a microphone, you will need a dynamic mic for the input or a power supply for a condenser mic.

Archived