IGNORED

On Bike Uses for a 12V "Dremel"?

racer7

Harbor Freight seems to always have on sale a little 12V DC (so its wall transformer says) Dremel imitation kit. Whole thing with assorted sanding, polisihng, drilling, etc parts is about $7.50 this week.

One could apparently stick a std BMW plug on the cord and use this thing on the bike. And at the low price it certaimly affordable but I'm unable to think of any real use for this thing in a bike tool kit.

Anybody got any great ideas???

I have no idea. Unless your intention was to permanently dismantle the bike. Not something I would even want to think about.

However, you did post about Harbor Freight. I just got back.

They have the Pittsburgh Pro 1/4" drive 20 to 200 inch pounds torque wrench for $19.95.

I hope to use that to assure that I will not (N O T) strip the valve cover bolts when I do the valve check & adjust.

Dremel.

I have a 120 volt Dremel, which I have not used in 10 years. And, I have about 2 to 3 miles of extension cord here. So no new Dremel for me. But I did get the small torque wrench.

dc

Jerry Johnston

Back when I was carving wood I bought one of the HF dremels. I found it to be very under powered compared to two 120vac dremels and one Black & Decker that is battery operated. Most of the time I find I use the B&D because of convenience. I guess if you want to carve something while you're sitting around at some motel it might be ok.

Harbor Freight seems to always have on sale a little 12V DC (so its wall transformer says) Dremel imitation kit. Whole thing with assorted sanding, polisihng, drilling, etc parts is about $7.50 this week.

One could apparently stick a std BMW plug on the cord and use this thing on the bike. And at the low price it certaimly affordable but I'm unable to think of any real use for this thing in a bike tool kit.

Anybody got any great ideas???

If your chicken strips are embarassing, you could use a sanding drum to erase them down a bit.

There's gotta be hundreds of uses!

You could:

Do your nails...

Polish your valve covers when you drop the bike...

Grind down your wear bars and get a few more miles out of your tires...

Cut a hole in your seat when you develop hemorrhoids...

Turn your street tires into knobbies up in Fairbanks and skip bringing a 2nd set of tires...

Grind a few slits in your helmet and boots for better ventilation....

Have your friend drill out your tooth when you have a toothache on the road...

Grind it on your flint to start your campfire...

Open your beer bottles when you forget your opener...

Polish your sunglasses or face shield when it gets scratched...

Cut your steak when you forget your knife...

Sabotage your friend's bike after they draw all over your face when you're passed out drunk...

Cut up the credit card you bought that dremel with....

Archived