IGNORED

12 between Paonia and Crested Butte.

Whip

roadscholar
Tell me about it?

It looks interesting????

I have never been.

Whip

You'd like it, so would Mrs. Whip. Hard-packed and a short middle section that's paved. Nice scenery, it's called Kebler Pass. These pics are looking east to west, would be just as nice going the other way. When are you thinking about it?

1094668857_svwjm-L.jpg

1094668449_6PZMw-L.jpg

Had a second home for several years in CB and have taken that road many times. It is a dirt "highway" meaning that it is a well maintained and frequently graded road intended for not just SUVs, but ordinary cars. It drops you off right in the middle of town in CB. Go for it,

john

Planning to ride it in a couple weeks on my RT, hope it's not too rough...especially during mud season. Did it once in a car later in summer, seemed fine.

Why not go there in July and hit the Top O the Rockies BMW Rally at the same time?

Lots of other great rides to and from the rally,based in Paonia.

JR356

Tell me about it?

It looks interesting????

I have never been.

Whip

I did it on my RT with my friend on his GS. I didn't have a lot of fun with my fully integrated brakes. I would have had a lot more fun on my KLR.

Calvin  (no socks)

I did Keebler at the Un V with fresh mag chloride and my K12 s bike....sloppy but didn't recall any pavement...

I wish I could in July, but my leisure coordinator says otherwise.

Ol geezer, should I plan to go around Kebler pass to CB from Aspen on my RT?

I wish I could in July, but my leisure coordinator says otherwise.

Ol geezer, should I plan to go around Kebler pass to CB from Aspen on my RT?

If you don't have fully integrated brakes and are able to use your rear brake only, it will be fine. The road (trail?) really isn't that bad, but you can imagine the pucker factor when putting on the front brake (intentionally or not) sitting on a six hundred pound, fully loaded beast on an unpaved road.

Lord only knows what happens in the rest of the country but we always camp anywhere in National Forests in Montana. I have not stayed in a "campground" in 20 years at least.

Thanks. Anyone know if you can just pitch a tent in the National Forests, or do you need to reserve a spot?

Yes, you can camp anywhere in a National Forest. You might not be able to have a campfire. You should check with a ranger before building a fire.

Mrs. Caddis

Colorado is very dry this year and there are fire bans in effect in many places. They say the fire currently burning in the Poudre Canyon area was started by a camp stove.

Archived