IGNORED

Best mileage yet for my RT rear tire

drswift

I decided to order a new rear tire so I would have fresh rubber before leaving for Torrey next week. I was surprised when I checked my log book and found out my last rear tire change was nearly 16,000 miles ago! :clap: The tires: Bridgestone Battlax BT023. (This is on my R1200RT and I ride 2-up at least 40% of the time.) I still have decent tread left but decided not to hassle with doing a tire change in Torrey.

Just goes to show what riding sensibly will do for your tire mileage.

I've got just over 10,000 miles on the set of Michelin PR2's on my 05 RT. From the looks of it, there's still a long way to go.

Dave_in_TX
I decided to order a new rear tire so I would have fresh rubber before leaving for Torrey next week. I was surprised when I checked my log book and found out my last rear tire change was nearly 16,000 miles ago! :clap: The tires: Bridgestone Battlax BT023. (This is on my R1200RT and I ride 2-up at least 40% of the time.) I still have decent tread left but decided not to hassle with doing a tire change in Torrey.

What kind of mileage do you usually get?

dirtrider

Afternoon Dave

The riding 2 up definitely helps as not only do you get less rear tire slippage at speed but tend to ride more sensibly with a passenger.

And I jumped up and down with excitement when I got 13000km out of the PR3's...

Now that is amazing - I got a grand total of 6000 miles from a set of PR2s.

marcopolo

Although comparing tire mileages between riders in widely different locales etc. is a bit of a mug's game, I regularly get at least 16,000 km (just under 10,000 miles) on PR 2s.

Guest Kakugo

Mine are km, which translate into a little over 8000 miles. On PR2's I got exactly your same mileage, give or take a couple hundre miles. Still very pleased because any previous touring tyre I've used gave me no more than 4000 miles before becoming unrideable due to the front going bald or the rear going square.

I just changed out a not yet dead PR2 on an RT- it had gone 8800 miles, a record by over a thousand for me, and it probably had at least another K miles left had I wanted to run it until handling got funky and tread got too noisey. (Heading out on a 2K run and not wanting to mess with a tire change during it).

Now running through some PR-3s so I can see if I can get back to wearing them out faster...

Got 12k miles out of each of two sets of Z6's. Was surprised to only get 6k miles out of a pair of PR2's. Expected more.

Now on a set of Z8's. To early to guess life in miles.

I'm surprised by the 6K miles from a pair of PR2's. I just got 14,900 miles out of a rear PR2, which was about double about what I had ever gotten from any other rear tire. I was so impressed that I just shod the bike with PR3's. The front whines a bit at speed, possibly from the very fine rain sipes across the tread. That's what earplugs are for.

Dave_in_TX
I'm surprised by the 6K miles from a pair of PR2's. I just got 14,900 miles out of a rear PR2, which was about double about what I had ever gotten from any other rear tire. I was so impressed that I just shod the bike with PR3's. The front whines a bit at speed, possibly from the very fine rain sipes across the tread. That's what earplugs are for.

6k miles is about what I was getting out of PR2s.

Hall Vince

I got 6,000 miles from my rear 023GT, and it was toast, I used to see 8k avg from PR2/3.

Solo riding, 42psi, mostly winter in UK, Maybe I enjoy twisting the throttle to much ;-)

\v/

there's a guy on the adventure sight selling an adapter plate to run a car rim and tire on the rt, 40,000 miles on a tire, haven't really read anything bad but worth keeping up with. Also the car tires are 40 to 60 bucks and seem to make little if any difference on the twistys..

Boy, some of you guys must have a lighter right hand then me. I have 2 1200RT's. 1 has 63000 miles and the other has 32000 miles on it and the best I have ever got was 8200 miles and I poked a hole through it on a rock. I have tried just about every brand out there. The worst I have gotten is 3800 miles.

GT

I put a set of PR3 last spring and got 8,000 miles last year and another 1,000 plus this year. Was told last week when I had it inspected that they passed but should think about another set before taking any trips on them. Very happy with the PR3 on any surface wet or dry and any curves you can throw into the mix...

CoarsegoldKid
I checked my log book and found out my last rear tire change was nearly 16,000 miles ago!

Dave I think you missed an entry about 8K ago. And the rest of you high tire mileage riders ride in an area with less gravity.

I checked my log book and found out my last rear tire change was nearly 16,000 miles ago!

Dave I think you missed an entry about 8K ago. And the rest of you high tire mileage riders ride in an area with less gravity.

Are you inferring I had a "Senior Moment?" Anything is possible at this age!

CoarsegoldKid

Are you inferring I had a "Senior Moment?"

Around here we call that Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. You intended to write it down. You probably had the logbook in your hand. But you couldn't remember where the pen you like to use for the logbook was last placed. In looking for the pen you discovered that a credit card bill was coming due soon. That prompted you to log onto the computer banking program to pay it. Then feeling good about your responsibilities you went for a ride and 8K miles later you are amazed at the mileage those Bridgestones got. I could happen to anyone.

:wave:

Around here we call that Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. You intended to write it down. You probably had the logbook in your hand. But you couldn't remember where the pen you like to use for the logbook was last placed. In looking for the pen you discovered that a credit card bill was coming due soon. That prompted you to log onto the computer banking program to pay it. Then feeling good about your responsibilities you went for a ride and 8K miles later you are amazed at the mileage those Bridgestones got. I could happen to anyone.

:wave:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: How did you find me out!

Archived