IGNORED

Fuel leak behind right foot peg on 1100RT

RTme2

Not having ridden in a month or more, I came home from work today and decided to start the RT and get some gas moving through the fuel system. Started her up in the garage and immediately smelled gas.

Never had a leak when I was ridding this fall but now have fuel dripping steadily behind the right foot peg. I can't take the tupperware off to investigate for some time due to work load, but I'm wondering what might be a likely culprit. Has anyone experienced this?

Dave

Allen,

I wish for #2 but there was no time for the fuel to warm up. I only started it for a couple minutes on the center stand, if that.

Dave

I had this problem awhile back. Every mourning I would have gasoline on my right boot when I got to work. I tightened up the hose clamps on the two hoses on the right side, under the tuberware and it solved the problem of leaking gasoline. I hope this is all you have to do.

It's not a big deal either way (clamps or O rings), but of course the beauty panel must be removed. Watch where the gas goes as it does leave a nasty stain as you probably know.

Archived