IGNORED

BMW Venting jacket review

Crawdad

I went to the local Daytona BMW dealer for an Airflow4 jacket and saw and bought the BMW Venting jacket which I thought they discontinued. I had a chance to give it a good try and it passed with flying colors. I took a 150 mile trip to Leesburg Bike Fest in 95 degree heat and it was like riding in a tee shirt. Quality is typical BMW MC clothing very good. Returning at midnight to home it was down to mid 70's and I feel that this is a threshold and in the 60's it would be chilly but doable. The price is $100 less than the Airflow4. The weight is significantly less than the airflow4 it does not have the built in bacpac straps of the Airflow4 but they looked like they would strech out of shape in no time leaving this feature useless.

John Bentall
I went to the local Daytona BMW dealer for an Airflow4 jacket and saw and bought the BMW Venting jacket which I thought they discontinued.

You are not mistaken. The Venting Machine jacket was discontinued (certainly here in Europe) and has been replaced by the Venting jacket.

The price is $100 less than the Airflow4. The weight is significantly less than the airflow4 it does not have the built in bacpac straps of the Airflow4 but they looked like they would strech out of shape in no time leaving this feature useless.

The Venting jacket is made from the same quality material as the Airshell jacket that everyone has been raving about, but is is less expensive than the Dynatec material of the Airflow suits. Hence the price difference.

I have bought an Airshell for use this summer to replace an Airflow that has shrunk ;) over the years.

HTH,

John

Archived