IGNORED

Phoenix

rocks

I'm going to be in Phoenix for business for about a week... anything I must see / do??

and because this is a MC forum...Restaurants :grin:

I'm going to be in Phoenix for business for about a week... anything I must see / do??

and because this is a MC forum...Restaurants :grin:

Get up early one morning and climb Camelback Mountain. :thumbsup:

Stephen:

See earlier discussion here.

I haven't gotten around to thanking everyone for their ideas, but we had a great time. Already booked a return trip there for next winter and even thinking of buying a winter place.

I really liked the Apache Trail and the entertainment at Tortilla Flats (but the food left something to be desired). Sedona is great, as was Montezuma Castle. Caught sunset at Sedona at the lookout on the airport road (spectacular). Went on a few hikes and that was also good (but this wasn't my first visit to the desert to go hiking).

We went to four "Diners Drive Ins and Dives". Matt's Big Breakfast, Roberto's Mexican Food, Chino Bandito and Los Toquitos. Los Toquitos was the best of those four, but Roberto's is very easy to stop at on the way back from Sedona.

We didn't try anything fancy for supper so I can't suggest anything. The view from South Mountain Park was very nice as well (if there isn't a lot of wind/dust or heat waves). I imagine it is quite the place to see sunset from but I'm not sure how late the park entrance is open.

The last day there we visited the Desert Botanical Garden and that was very good as well.

Mike Cassidy

Paul Mihalka
Whenever I see a request like this for Phoenix I have to jump in and suggest

Taliesen West . It was the highlight of our trip there several years ago.

Absolutely, a must! On our first fly/drive vacation we had to visit. My wife is a architect, and Frank Lloyd Wright is her prophet.

Whenever I see a request like this for Phoenix I have to jump in and suggest

Taliesen West . It was the highlight of our trip there several years ago.

Absolutely, a must! On our first fly/drive vacation we had to visit. My wife is a architect, and Frank Lloyd Wright is her prophet.

In the hope that I don't insult Rocks by using his thread to address Paul's post - Kathy and I were both moved to the point of tears with the awesome beauty and enormity of the Grand Canyon. The same thing happened to us the next day at Taliesen West when we saw and experienced a sampling of the talent and the brilliance of what FLW contributed to the world of architecture.

In our own highlands where we live we see houses or cottages crop up from time to time and commandeer the top of a hill or a prominence over looking a lake and one of us will comment "Frank would disapprove of that". Our incidental tour and learning at Taliesen West has continued to ripple through our lives.

Rocks, if you manage to take in TW I would be interested in hearing your impression.

Thanks everyone!

Like I said it'll be a "business" trip and my time will be tight... but since I've never been I had to get a few "must do's"!!

Several great ideas here that immediately struck me...

FLW and Apache sound great... Chelsea's Kitchen too!

Archived