IGNORED

ohlins shocks

taters

i put ohlins shocks on my 04 rt. how do i like them? well the next bike i buy will have ohlins on them before i leave the dealership!!!!YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Help a newbie out. What is different about the ride with these expensive shocks? Do you have to be riding hard before a makes a difference? Would a gentle new rider notice anything different? What's inferior about the stock BMW shocks?

Help a newbie out. What is different about the ride with these expensive shocks? Do you have to be riding hard before a makes a difference? Would a gentle new rider notice anything different? What's inferior about the stock BMW shocks?

The new shocks are infinatly more adjustable, and give a more supple ride (depending on what you order).

Are they worth it fir a new rider on a new bike? I doubt it, but your shocks will wear out significantly at about 30K miles, and by then you really will notice a difference!IMHO

Jim cool.gif

The biggest difference is probably that you were happy with what you have until you hear that what you have isn't as good as...... whatever, of course! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Questions, I have questions.

Ohlins are great but on the 1200RT can you adjust the front rebound with the shock on the bike? I was told that you could not as the the new lower mount sits in a recessed area and you can't turn the knob on the shock rod. Does the 1200 front Ohlins have adjusters??

What part # are used?

Who asks the right and most questions about how you ride, weight etc,etc ??

Where did you buy yours and why??

I need some new suspenders for "Smokey" and for that much $$ I want to get the right stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Archived