IGNORED

"Moki Dugway"

Jack Herbst

Jack Herbst

Question: is the Moki Dugway all gravel or are the curves oiled on UT 261? If it is dry would an R1200RT be alright on this road. Will be traveling south to north.

jaherbst

Calvin  (no socks)

Jack, I have done the Dugway 10+ times in the last few years. With a K12s, a KGT and a LT....piece of cake up down or sideways! I had more trouble on Pikes Peak with the road graders and 6" tall gravel lines....

Paul Mihalka

As Calvin says, no problem with any kind of bike. Uphill from the south is the gravel part but the tight U turns are paved.

Did it last year for the first time. Great scenery, but left me wondering what all the difficulty hubbub was about. No big deal, but the washboard really shakes you like crazy.

IMG0808-M.jpg

Jack Herbst

Thanks for the positive encouragement guys. Leaving Saturday for Torrey and looking forward to my "maiden voyage" through the "Moki Dugway".

Possibly making Torrey again in May with all of you.

Jack

Thanks for the positive encouragement guys. Leaving Saturday for Torrey and looking forward to my "maiden voyage" through the "Moki Dugway".

Jack

Is there some sort of event here this weekend?

nothing to it, RTable, easy.

S-able too --- but it still kinda freaked me out when Matt kept slowing me up :grin:

Archived