IGNORED

Route Planning to and from Salida, CO

Kathy R

If anybody interested in a route from St. Louis MO to Salida CO without any Interstate, let me know.

umm.....yes please. I was initially planning on two long days of slabbing it, but it looks like I might be able to take 4-5 days and have some fun.

lawnchairboy

as a prior consumer of this sage route advise, I bet you wont be disappointed, forward it to me as it was four years ago but that river road south of st louis was fun...92? 94?

Paul Mihalka

No-Interstate route from St. Louis MO to Salida CO:

In St. Louis take rt. 94 West. It has connection from I70 and I64. A nice lunch or overnight stop just a few (10?) miles off 94 is Hermann MO. A German origin winery oriented little town. Continue 94 to Jefferson City MO. Continue on rt. 50 West. On the Kansas City beltways I found awful stop-go traffic so I try to get around it. From rt. 50 take rt 150 to Olathe KS. Anybody knows a better way around Kansas City, I'd like to know. A short hop on I35 South and pick up rt. 56 West. Follow rt. 56 through McPherson and Great Bend. These little towns can be overnight stops. Past Great Bend take rt. 156 West to Garden City. Another possible stop, from there Salida CO is easy. Just take rt. 50 West and you made it.

A request was made to create this thread for Route Planning to and from the UN, so I moved the above posts here to a new thread. This way all folks interested in this topic will find it more easily, than if they were to try to sort through the Registration Thread.

Paul, that is very similar to what I already had planned out. I was expecting to come into the Kansas City area on 50. I had hoped to drop down to 2 on some back roads and then follow it West to 68 to 56.

I don't how successful it will be with avoiding traffic around KC, but thats what I was thinking

If anybody interested in a route from St. Louis MO to Salida CO without any Interstate, let me know.

Hey Paul, send me the GPS file for that............. :rofl:

Good idea Kathy... thanks for the relocation.

Thanks, Bob, but not my idea...I'm just the mover of posts. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived