IGNORED

Any suitable substitute for front R1100RT fender?

Great White North

Great White North

Hello all, I am looking for possible options to replace the stock front fender on an 96 1100RT, with something a bit less bulky (or nosy).

Are there other R or K bikes fenders that might be interchangeable ? (a bit of altering & fitting' work would be ok).

The R1150RT fender is leaner and much nicer, but seems to require two mounting bolts in the fork bridge that are not present in the 1100RT bridge.

Any suggestions, experience with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance !

Best regards,

MLJBL

Paul Mihalka

Oh, yes! I had a fender from the '02-'04 K1200RS on my R1100RT. Only modification was a new hole on the top rear of the fender. Added advantage, you don't have to take the fender off to take the front wheel out.

R1100RTjpg0001-1.jpg

Great White North

Awesome ! That fender looks much more streamlined and more 'today' than the original equipment... I guess I'm now shopping for a K12 bike fender...

Now, I wonder if we can find 'em in specially marked boxes of Special K... :)

Many thanks for the info.

Mljbl

Yes the LT fender fits....but it is more bulky ...but offers a huge advantage in terms of preventing crud being thrown rearwards.

Oddly I took the stock R1150RT mudgaurd OFF my bike and fitted one from an R1100RT because for me I think they look more streamlined than the open type that was stock or what Paul has suggested. It also keeps the front of the bike cleaner. I guess that's what it is meant to do!

Andy

Yes the LT fender fits....but it is more bulky ...but offers a huge advantage in terms of preventing crud being thrown rearwards.

Oddly I took the stock R1150RT mudgaurd OFF my bike and fitted one from an R1100RT because for me I think they look more streamlined than the open type that was stock or what Paul has suggested. It also keeps the front of the bike cleaner. I guess that's what it is meant to do!

Andy

Was the R1100RT mudguard a direct bolt on, or did it or the bike need to be modified to make it fit the R1150RT?

• 1 year later...

Plus one for the K12RS. Mine was given to me by another RT rider who put the stock one back on to trade in.

It was painted black to match his bike, since mine is Boston Green, I left it. The contrast looks fine to me.

I would never go back.

Archived