IGNORED

Something to grin about.......

Francois_Dumas

Would it say much about me if I confessed that my reaction to these opinions is "So, who the f#%K are you to cast such opinions"?

My friends wear sunglasses under clear visors, high-viz, and matching outfits. They are nerds, but I love them. Not everybody can be as fashionable as me. Jeeez.

Stay thirsty my friend. :Cool:

Thanks for the post. I read this just in time to be able to cancel the order for my hi-viz Harley scooter blanket with attached smiley face knee sliders.

I'm guilty of the sunglasses under a clear visor, but short of carrying a 2nd visor, how exactly do we ride in both bright and night?

Jim

Guest Kakugo

I wear prescription sunglasses under a clear visor. Always had, will always do. If I am caught in a downpour or before a series of tunnel all I have to do is pull over a couple of minutes and change the glasses without even taking my helmet off.

Moreover these new tinted prescription lenses from Rodenstock are the real deal: they even beat those old (and excellent) Zeiss I had until last year.

Guilty as charged: (and showing no remorse)

Occasional hi-vis: check

Motolights: check

Sunglasses: check

Maybe it's just me, but I've always considered tinted shields to be ridiculous. It's like putting a tinted windshield on your car. (?) "Hold on honey -- it's getting dark... I have to pull over an change the windshield." I don't even need to pull over to take my sunglasses off.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always considered tinted shields to be ridiculous. It's like putting a tinted windshield on your car. (?) "Hold on honey -- it's getting dark... I have to pull over an change the windshield." I don't even need to pull over to take my sunglasses off.

Amen.

Stashed the tinted visor long ago. Got tired of it getting dark out and having to switch visors.

I wear THESE in the smoke tinted version under the clear visor. Now that is pure DWEEB look!

For some reason people's style opinion of what I wear riding doesn't mean much to me anymore.

Amen + 2 :clap:

Amen.

Stashed the tinted visor long ago. Got tired of it getting dark out and having to switch visors.

I wear THESE in the smoke tinted version under the clear visor. Now that is pure DWEEB look!

For some reason people's style opinion of what I wear riding doesn't mean much to me anymore.

Paul Mihalka

Top each his own. I love tinted shields. I like as few extra stuff in front of my eyes as possible. On a hot day with the sun in your face with a tinted shield it is cooler than with a clear one. On a road with tunnels (Blue Ridge) I just flip it up. I already had some starting skin cancer on my nose. I don't need more.

Sunnies. Yep, always. Maybe Australia's extra-sunny, or maybe I'm worried about pterygia, but I wear mine. They're a pair of Fuglies as issued to the Australian SASR. They are optically correct, polarised and offer a very high ballistic protection. When it's hot, I like to lift my visor ... but my eyesight is too precious to me to risk a stone, wasp etc. at 110 km/h.

Fuglies

"15 years ago everyone took the piss out of anyone wearing a Sam Browne"

Translation, please.

Bob

"took the piss" = ridiculed

"Sam Browne" = reflective belt with attached shoulder strap

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=5967&filename=raleigh_sam_browne_belt.jpg

Andy

5967.jpg.11af1b3aee112c404c629bdc83a57135.jpg

Guest Kakugo
"15 years ago everyone took the piss out of anyone wearing a Sam Browne"

Translation, please.

Bob

"took the piss" = ridiculed

"Sam Browne" = reflective belt with attached shoulder strap

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=5967&filename=raleigh_sam_browne_belt.jpg

Andy

I remember a Honda VF750S ad... I should scan it one day because it still boggles my mind how they expected to sell a bike like that. And yes, the rider in that ad wore a Sam Browne. :grin:

My wife got me a modular bluetooth enabled helmet for Christmas that included an internal drop down sun visor... (HAWK H-6607)operates with a lever on the left side... it is real convenient... I like the feature a lot.

The person that came up with these doesn't seem to know much?

It wasn't a person, it was people responding to a question. It is also British Humour - dry, ironic humour, not serious comment.

Andy

That doesn't make it useless. I printed the list, laminated it and mounted it on my dash. I encourage you all to do the same.

If I've learned one thing from this site, it's that you can never be too safe.

Hilarious that Andy has to explain dry ironic British Humour! Love that... Then there is Michael (leikam)... our version of aforementioned humor!

Francois_Dumas

It wasn't a person, it was people responding to a question. It is also British Humour - dry, ironic humour, not serious comment.

Andy

:rofl::rofl: I guess the Dutch and the British are closer related on the humour level than our American brethren ..... Having said that, in Dutch we DO write it the same as in the US: humor ! :dopeslap:

Andy

:rofl::rofl: I guess the Dutch and the British are closer related on the humour level than our American brethren ..... Having said that, in Dutch we DO write it the same as in the US: humor ! :dopeslap:

As a borned and bred Murckin fan of Doc martin, I daresay it was bloodywell amusing and bang on.

Archived