IGNORED

This just pisses me off.

CoarsegoldKid

CoarsegoldKid

I saw many patients that didn't have the full office visit payment. Many didn't have a leg to stand on. Some didn't have insurance and those that did I wasn't always sure I'd get paid. A dear friend of mine in the Los Angeles area has been suffering with an issue where she needs a podiatrist to do a tissue removal. She gets a ride to the doc by a coworker because a procedure was going to be necessary. Coworker leaves. She had seen the podiatrist before for another surgery and when told the visit was going to cost 15 dollars(which she probably knew but figured she had it) she dug into her purse and only had 13. They wouldn't take a credit card. She asked if it would be okay if she could get the remainder when her ride returns. For the lack of $2 the doc would only see but not touch the foot. She sees another doc this Thursday. I feel better now.

I saw many patients that didn't have the full office visit payment. Many didn't have a leg to stand on.

Some of your procedures might cost them an arm and a leg too.

I have heard similar stories, but, usually it never got to the point of the doctor seeing the patient. The front desk prevented patients from seeing the doctor.

I have never refused service over money. You would be amazed the number of rural people who will come in with farm produce in hand. Apparently, I made the statement that I would work for food. They invariably return with payment later.

Part of my fix for the insurance issue was to get out of the insurance business. Even made Medicare mad enought that I am not allowed to file anymore. Better off wiothout 'em.

I've heard of people not getting medical attention because they did not have insurance. And I've heard of people not getting medical attention because they did not have money. But I have never heard of anyone being turned away for the lack of $2.

It's ridiculous. It's preposterous. Was there no one in the waiting room what could not step up with $2? I don't understand it.

dc

CoarsegoldKid
Was there no one in the waiting room what could not step up with $2? I don't understand it.

dc

Not sure if there was or not. I probably would have turned around to the astonished patients in the waiting room and asked if someone had 2 bucks. She was probably too taken back by the ordeal. And very pissed off by the way but instead of making a scene she in a dignified manner quietly walked out.

Not sure what to imply about this statement.

Just that I'm not on your friend page.

Don't take it personal, it was only a joke. I met you in John Day, & I like you.

Lighten up, Francis. :grin:

I understand the general concept of the American Way.

Greed. Egocentricity. Megalomania. Money talks. But $2? What does $2 have to say?

I suppose no one else in the waiting room was paying any attention to someone else. They were too wrapped up in their own world.

There have been many occasions where I have seen the opposite. People helping without being asked. Just stepping in and helping out.

dc

...this sounds like something my wife would do, she never has any cash on her.

At the risk of sounding harsh though, it was your friend's responsibility to have her act together. She wasn't denied service because she was poor, she was just unprepared. I feel sorry for the doctor and his staff to have to deal with this kind of stuff day in and day out.

I bet she takes money for her co-pay with her the next time.

At the risk of sounding harsh though, it was your friend's responsibility to have her act together. She wasn't denied service because she was poor, she was just unprepared. I feel sorry for the doctor and his staff to have to deal with this kind of stuff day in and day out.

Note to self, don't like this guy. If I was the receptionist I would have given her the $2.

Note to self, don't like this guy. If I was the receptionist I would have given her the $2.

I would have given her the $2 too, if I was the doc, the receptionist, or another patient. I think the doc was pretty much an idiot for doing what he did. Ultimately though its the lady's responsibility to be prepared. I'm weary of people (not the OP) casting blame on others when the problem originated with themselves.

I would have given her the $2 too, if I was the doc, the receptionist, or another patient. I think the doc was pretty much an idiot for doing what he did. Ultimately though its the lady's responsibility to be prepared. I'm weary of people (not the OP) casting blame on others when the problem originated with themselves.

Thanks for clarifying. I can easily see myself being in her position, I get in a bit of a tiz when dealing with the medical profession, wouldn't surprise me to forget my wallet entirely.

I don't remember when I last went to a medical appt and was told they didn't accept credit cards. I always carry cash, but I use a card for the purposes of record keeping. My wife very seldom carries much cash at all.

There is more strange about this Doctor's office than his refusing services for the want of 2 bucks.

markgoodrich
Hell,,Im not on his friend page ether and I give him free shit,,,,What's up with that,,,,,,, :lurk: This just pisses me off,,,,, :rofl:

What the? Who the heck keeps a list of their friends on a page? And how would anyone else know if they're on that list? They sneak a peek one time when they were at the someone's house? This is too weird. But then, Joe IS weird.

...I get in a bit of a tiz when dealing with the medical profession, wouldn't surprise me to forget my wallet entirely.

You need a wallet in Torrey? :grin:

Hell,,Im not on his friend page ether and I give him free shit,,,,What's up with that,,,,,,, :lurk: This just pisses me off,,,,, :rofl:

What the? Who the heck keeps a list of their friends on a page? And how would anyone else know if they're on that list? They sneak a peek one time when they were at the someone's house? This is too weird. But then, Joe IS weird.

Your not on the list ether,,I feel better now :rofl:http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=12369
CoarsegoldKid

Tim this UBB list says "users that have added me". The way I understand it you add to my UBB list by adding me in your PM friends drop down list. :S No longer pissed off.

...I get in a bit of a tiz when dealing with the medical profession, wouldn't surprise me to forget my wallet entirely.

You need a wallet in Torrey? :grin:

Nope, nearest medical facility is in Bicknell :grin:

Archived