IGNORED

Near misses

Francois_Dumas

The funny thing is that since I undertook advanced rider training with the Institue of Advanced Motorcyclists, I have found the number of SMIDSYs I have encountered has fallen to almost zero.

I can also attest to the fact that many (most?) sport-bike riders I see on the 'bikers roads' have no concept whatsoever of being sure they are seen. I am not talking lights, or bright clothing, I am talking postioning on the road. Add into that the fact that most consider the speed limit a number to try and double and you begin to see that the problem is not failing to look, but failing to see aided and abetted by poor choices on behalf of the riders.

Andy

lawnchairboy

like the ASSHAT with apes and a Beenie who passed me on my right (in my lane) in the number two lane on a bridge on Saturday. if I had a .50 cal mount he would have been vapor.

Same in SoCal Andy. The kids on the street bikes scare the hell out of me. I'm amazed that they assume the cars in front of them aren't going to change position or speed as they overtake them going 90! Those cat like reflexes those young guys have will only save them so many times...

Same in SoCal Andy. The kids on the street bikes scare the hell out of me. I'm amazed that they assume the cars in front of them aren't going to change position or speed as they overtake them going 90! Those cat like reflexes those young guys have will only save them so many times...

Cat-on-Cat-447.jpg

sometimes those reflexes get you in over your head...

:P

like the ASSHAT with apes and a Beenie who passed me on my right (in my lane) in the number two lane on a bridge on Saturday. if I had a .50 cal mount he would have been vapor.

Too bad you weren't in your car when a perfectly timed sneeze with the commensurate movement of the steering wheel would accomplish the same thing as the .50 cal.

BTW: ASSHAT; that’s priceless! :thumbsup:

It never bothers me if they pass on the right. In fact, when I see them coming, I will sometimes get into the left track, and let them go on the right to pass.

Very common here.

In fact, today, in the car pool lane, I was coming up on a big floor boards, beanie helmet, noisy, I don' think the bars were too high, but, as I came up to pass on his left, he jumped up and over and pointed for me to pass on the right.

Very common here, in fact he may have thought that was the way it was supposed to be done.

dc

lawnchairboy

I am fairly confident from this particular individual's observed behaviors after the pass that he was continuing in his risky and offensive, (to cars, if horns are any indicator) idiotic riding.

if I had a .50 cal mount he would have been vapor.
Sadly, the .50 is to heavy and would really throw off your weight balance. Maybe a couple of Uzis or HKs. OH! Lasers! I want lasers! (Assuming they work with the CANBUS.)

Boffin had it right. If you have numerous encounter with AH's maybe you are to blame for seeing them after the fact.

I'm retired but I can still afford to pay attention!

Francois_Dumas
Boffin had it right. If you have numerous encounter with AH's maybe you are to blame for seeing them after the fact.

I'm retired but I can still afford to pay attention!

Who, me !? (Post order in threads sometimes confuses the heck outta me).

Archived