IGNORED

Cheaper alternative to BMW Rallye 2 jacket (removable arms)???

eakins

i'm looking for an adventure touring jacket that is waterproof/brethable & has removable arms. i love that feature for warmer weather (but still some chill). can't seem to find any other mfg that offer that feature in a adventure touring jacket and bmws is out of this world in price.

thanks!

I'm of the same opinion which is why all my gear is from Hein Gericke.

Their stuff looks good, lasts exceptionally well and does what it says on the tin. My winter jacket is indeed a winder jacket and allows me to ride in -5 celsius with absolutely no problem.

HG do a suit, bought by a friend this summer, which lets you remove the arms from the jacket and the legs (below the knee) from the trousers. I think it was about £300.00 for the suit. Over here, you wouldn't even buy a BMW jacket for that money.

Visit www.hein-gericke.com

Cheers

Lawrence

Did you look at the Marsee jacket? I don't know if the sleeves come off but it's a nice jacket. I was going to pick one up at the bike show this weekend until I found a Dainese on Ebay for under $200.00.

i'm looking for an adventure touring jacket that is waterproof/brethable & has removable arms. i love that feature for warmer weather (but still some chill). can't seem to find any other mfg that offer that feature in a adventure touring jacket and bmws is out of this world in price.

thanks!

The only things I liked about my Ralley II was it's looks,many pockets and personal protection package.

Other than that it totally sucked...

I wore one to Alaska this past summer,(real good test)!

When cool or cold,the chilly air made it's way through the zippered sleeve areas. Oh sure the *Gortex" liner stopped the water during a rain,but the outter shell was dripping wet, like a sponge. Bring that into a restaurant or better yet, into your tent and everything else gets contaminated. If it was just a regular (outer)rain suit like a First Gear,you just remove and leave hanging over your bike.

The *Gortex* liner appeared to have no "insulating properties" at all. It also made your arms feel cold when it became wet on the jacket side. Even with a "long sleeved something" on underneath,once the *G-liner* was wet,the inside of the jacket felt cold and clammy. The outside acted like a sponge and absorbed water,adding weight. Nope sorry not for me.

Did you look at the Marsee jacket? I don't know if the sleeves come off but it's a nice jacket. I was going to pick one up at the bike show this weekend until I found a Dainese on Ebay for under $200.00.

It's a nice jacket with good armour and fit; but the sleeve vent zippers leaked after a couple of "rain" hours on my GS down to the RA rally frown.gif You might not have this same issue behind a RT fairing.

Dealer called Marsee and they stood behind their product by acknowledging the issue accepting a full credit return. thumbsup.gif

I tried on the Belstaff at the International M/C show last year, solid, very nice piece of equipment. SLeeves detach, has integrated drinking sys-like camelbak. Overall, very nice.

If I didn't already have WAY too much motorcycle clothing - I'd get this:

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/recontransformer/recontransformer.htm

Good Luck,

SW

I have this set up and it really is pretty good stuff...I started off just getting the pants that convert to shorts and liked them enought to get the jacket....have never found use for the zip off sleeves but the option is there if I find the need. I then aquired the regular straight leg pants, so I have all three pieces, which I mainly bought as summer traveling gear. I had the pants on in the rain a was reasonably dry. The quality is first rate and as a value, I'd give it an 8...for the money, it's a 10. The ONLY draw back is the color, which attracts dirt ( I have the light tan color ). The only other option for color was dark green, if you wanted the zipoff pants....fugly

Archived