IGNORED

Evasive Manever, you practice this??

motorman587

I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Do you mean evading the officer on the bike?

Really?? There are three lanes. The middle one is blocked. You come up the shute and the instructor gives you the left right or stop signal. You must use correct counter steer, correct body position, correct throttle, no rolling off and must keep your speed at 40 MPH. If he gives the stop, must stop before the cones, down shift correctly using the correct braking procedures.

+1........Just a pic of an officer heading for some cones......What am I missing?

+1........Just a pic of an officer heading for some cones......What am I missing?

Is this a question?? Because I just explained about this post. Or are you being funny. Can not tell.

Unfortunately, most everyday drivers don't get a chance to practice what is standard training for us. The lolli-pop, evasive lane changes, go and no-goes, and my favorite which for the love I can't remember the name of, but is a three lanes choice dictated by combinations of red, yellow, and greens lights.

Here in Northern California, the Alameda County Sheriff's department has a civilian version of their PO Motorcycle training school. They even supply the bikes for an additonal (minimal) charge so you don't have to worry about dropping the bike. The training and trainers were awesome. I learned a great deal.

-Pete

Archived