IGNORED

Autocom and GSM, how it works with Active Rider Set

Eka

From Autocom brochure they sai from Active Rider Set:

Unique Features Include:

• High quality and performance with clear speech up to 160mph.

• Full duplex so you can have a normal conversation.

• Totally reliable voice activation (VOX) that not only turns the

microphones off when you are not speaking, but instantly

turns them on when you do speak. Plus has Side-tone, so you

hear your own voice when speaking which ensures that you

always speak at the correct levels without unnecessary

shouting, and you get the audio confirmation of correct VOX

set-up and use.

• When you speak any music automatically reduces 50%.

• Inputs for two headsets (can be expanded to three).

• Phone, music and bike-to-bike inputs. Phone socket can be

expanded for use with two phones, GPS and radar. Music

socket can be expanded for use with two music devices.

• Extremely compact considering its massive performance.

• Designed for extreme environments of biking with a very high

quality and robust construction.

• Developed for maximum ease of service, just in case you

accidentally damage any parts.

• Fully adjustable volume control.

How does it work with mobile? Does it reduce the music also when you are listening to other? From that brochure i get figure, that music goes loud, when i don't speak. Then i can't hear what the other is saying to phone. Could any Active Rider owner tell how it goes in practice.

I would like to have that Active set, because i'll put it permanently in the bike. If it's not working while phone calls, i have to get Pro Set.

Does it also mute music also, when the other one is speaking to me and i'm just listening? If there comes a long story and i'm quiet, does the music start again after while among the call? This maybe sound stupid, but i wan't to confirm. That brochure sucks.

Does it also mute music also, when the other one is speaking to me and i'm just listening? If there comes a long story and i'm quiet, does the music start again after while among the call? This maybe sound stupid, but i wan't to confirm. That brochure sucks.

As long a as two parties are speaking on cell phones(doesnt matter which one) the autocom will mute the music.. when there is complete silence for like 7 seconds(i think) it will allow the music to play again and once you begin speaking it will mute again...

EKA, on the Autocom Pro-7 Sport, music is muted 50% when you speak. Music is muted 100% when anything connected to the Aux port is activated (cell, radar detector, GPS, etc). Also, music is muted 100% when you are engaged in bike-to-bike conversation.

On the Autocom Active-7 Smart, Music is muted 50% when you speak. However, the Active-7 is less expensive than the Pro-7. So it doesn't have the feature that mutes the music when you the Aux port is activated (such as when you receive a cell call). You will have to turn down your music manually until your phone conversation is completed, then turn it back up. The same goes for radar, GPS and bike-to-bike conversation.

For some people, this is a good arrangement. For others, who want all the features that Autocom offers, the Pro-7 is the better choice. Either way, if you can still find either of these products at the 50% Sale Price, it's an incredible deal.

Fernanado, I thought I understood this crazy.gif

Scenario: Active-7. You receive a cell call, your cell-phone auto-answers, you speak to the caller (or blow into the micrpohone to activate it). The music does mute because you're speaking, doesn't it?

Thank for info!

Looks like i will order the Pro Set. I will put it under seat permanently, so Active would have been better choice with smaller size and it's made for that. I need to be on duty for calls most of the time and that Pro mute the music 100%. Hope i'll find place for that Pro.

Fernanado, I thought I understood this crazy.gif

Scenario: Active-7. You receive a cell call, your cell-phone auto-answers, you speak to the caller (or blow into the micrpohone to activate it). The music does mute because you're speaking, doesn't it?

You're correct. I guess my answer wasn't as thorough as it should have been.

On the Active 7, incoming inputs into the Aux port do not trigger a music muting circuit as it has none. However, when you speak, the VOX does trigger a music muting circuit.

Therefore, rider-to-passenger communication mutes the music 50%. As for the rest, only your verbal outputs will trigger a muting. All Aux port and B2B inputs will have to be heard above whatever music volume you've set. So, your radar inputs won't mute. Your GPS inputs won't mute. The outgoing part of your cell conversations, as well as of your bike-to-bike conversations WILL mute, but as soon as you stop speaking and the VOX shuts off, the incoming portion of those conversations are treated just like the radar and GPS inputs. No muting. As I said, you will have to manually turn your music source down. Otherwise the volume will fluctuate up and down during cell and B2B usage.

This still makes the Active-7 an excellent device for riders who either don't use the Aux port or who prefer to set lower music volumes and higher volumes for their AUX input devices. You CAN hear what you need to hear over the music if you set it up properly. But you won't if you typically ride with the music blasting. And, of course, there's always the option of just turning the music down a bit when you hear something incoming.

Archived