IGNORED

Waddaya carryin'......

Uggles

...in your saddlebags, pardner?

As stated in another post, I have been a bit busy of late tidying up a little project for work. One aspect of this is that I actually have to get my hands dirty eek.gif as it involves a bit of manual labour.

I was amazed at the carrying capacity of the cases so I took some photos.

Left Side - small toolbox, set of 1/4 drive sockets, hammer, crowbar (yes, I DID need it) and all the manuals from the equipment we supplied

47455770-M.jpg

Right Side - Gortex liners, spare set of gloves, air compressor in the plastic bag, extension lead, battery drill. I actually had a 4" angle grinder in here as well.

47455767-M.jpg

Top Case - Pop rivet pliers and a container of rivets, electric drill, cookie tin full of drills, water bottle, duct tape, etc

47455768-M.jpg

Kinda makes you wonder just what else you can stick in these thumbsup.gif

The only things I carry all the time are a wallet with enough money for overnight accommodation or food, a disc lock and wet weather gear. In my pocket I laways carry the trusty cellphone.

I carry just a couple things, A Cycle Pump, Pocket Tire Plugger,and the little packet of stuff BMW gave me...other than that, It would be clothes.

Mark,

What your photos show are about how I load my bags all the itme... when I travel, I really have to prioritize so I can load out for the trip.

re. {" I don't want a pickle........" B Dylan} from your sig

It ain't B Dylan, it's A Guthrie...however, if Dylan wrote that DO slap my face!

In the event I am at the side of the road needing help, you are the motorcyclist I want to arrive on the scene. If you don't have the tool, you could make one. grin.gif

In the tail section is the toolkit, first aid kit, tyre repair kit (with digital guage etc), emergency wet weather gear and some ocy straps.

The left and right panniers are normally reserved for clothes (one for him, one for her) toiletries and a change of shoes..

Top box has some drinking water, spare gloves, thermos, tea & coffee stuff, bug repellant, plus an empty small back pack for anything we may want to carry or buy along the way.

Tank bag has my digital SLR and maybe her compact Digital camera, map book, (GPS still to be mounted) phone and another bottle of drinking water. It still has room for odds and ends.

First Aid kit,tool kit, tire repair kit, air compressor, rain gear, plastic bags for covering boots when slipping on rain gear,

cargo net, 3 pairs of gloves, glove liners, balaclava, spare pair of glasses, fuses, relays, oil sight glass, wire, tape, plastic piece for sidestand use in soft soil or hot asphalt, 1/2 liter of water, granola bars, hand cleaner, leatherman,6'cable lock for securing gear, still have room for clothes, and all of her riding gear and clothes.

Crikey mate!! (My daughter taught me that one....) thumbsup.gif I'd almost be willin to bet that you'll never use any of that stuff..........but we all want to hear about it when you do, ok??

Pat

RH: Tool kit (~12 wrenches, sockets - 1/4 + 3/8, allen, torx, screwdrivers, pocket soldering iron, multimeter, etc.), two sets of glove liners, two pairs of alternate weight gloves, two neck gaiters, frog toggs, 2x spare goggles, bottle of water, spare helmet, & sweatshirt.

LH: Laptop bag, and bottle of water.

No top case yet...

Sure gonna miss the space when I move to an RT...

This is my regular kit, plus I carry a set of Frog Toggs, 2 pair of gloves, and in the tank bag, plexus, water, cell phone, camera, and fat foot for soft ground with a lanyard.

Tools-for-R12GS.jpg

Jim cool.gif

PS It weighs 21 pounds! eek.gif

This is my regular kit, plus I carry a set of Frog Toggs, 2 pair of gloves, and in the tank bag, plexus, water, cell phone, camera, and fat foot for soft ground with a lanyard.

Tools-for-R12GS.jpg

Jim cool.gif

Where is the icon for "dumbfounded" when you need it!?

I've ridden Harleys for over 30 years and never, ever carried that many tools - and never missed them.dopeslap.gif

Your load puts me in mind of the lead photo I used on my website page that deals with loading a bike.

http://www.wildwestcycle.com/f_loads1.html#trailer

Pilgrim

Joe Frickin' Friday
I've ridden Harleys for over 30 years and never, ever carried that many tools - and never missed them.dopeslap.gif

You wouldn't believe the stuff the Ironbutt guys carry. When my speedo cable broke at Gunnison in '02, Tom Roe opened up his sidecase, gave me a new cable, and then started rummaging through a tool collection that would make any garage mechanic envious: torque wrenches, ratchet/socket sets, multimeters, on and on. And he still rode faster than most of the folk I'd ridden with! crazy.gif

Do drills, grinders, etc, turn counterclockwise in the southern hemisphere?confused.gif

Yes. AND the water runs out the drain the other way too grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Tools-for-R12GS.jpg

Jim cool.gif

Your load puts me in mind of the lead photo I used on my website page that deals with loading a bike.

Pilgrim

Congratulations! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

My friends have been happy I had them a few times, as have I.

Probably not as necessary on the new 12GS, but old habits die hard.

Jim cool.gif

I just packed 18 bottles of wine (Handley Anderson Valley Pinot Noir), 3 pair jeans, underwear and shirts, 5 pounds of apples, and a few miscelleneous items in the three bags on my RST. It is amazing what those things will hold. thumbsup.gif

Tools-for-R12GS.jpg

Jim cool.gif

Pilgrim

Jim cool.gif

Oh yeah, this all fits in about 2/3rds of the smaller left Jesse bag. Lots of room for more.

Jim cool.gif

Jim cool.gif

I've ridden Harleys for over 30 years and never, ever carried that many tools - and never missed them.

Jim cool.gif

Jim, if you find it useful and it makes you happy, then you have just exactly what you need there.

clap.gif

Pilgrim

Archived