IGNORED

UN XI Excited Chatter Thread

Kathy R

I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in?

Denny Kintner

Kenny Rogers or the fabulous remake by Wayne Perkins? If you haven't heard the remake.....I'll play it for you when we meet in Salida....

Just wanted to post here... any riders passing through Salt Lake City area... we are hosting too. See the other thread on the subject...

We have bedrooms, garage for any work needed, parking space, and fenced yard for camping if you feel the need.

Bob

We've had some inquiries about the availability of a shuttle service to transport those who wish to imbibe but not have to rely on their own two wheels to get to and from the bars.

I'm happy to report that Salida has such a service - Toasted Taxi (719-221-2783) - that charges $10 per load (NOT per person), per trip. The Gateway Inn will have their contact info readily available.

Another bar/restaurant that offers a shuttle is Wallbanger's but it's possible that they won't be inclined to drive us to their competition. Besides, Wallbanger's is but a few minutes walk from The Gateway so you'd have to be pretty stinkin' drunk to need their shuttle. ;)

I'll pass along more info as I hear about it. I'm also positive that some other members will be trailering or driving out to the rally. I suggest you suck up, er, I mean make friends with them and maybe they'll haul your toasted tail(s) around. :grin:

I also see that Sedalia has a good selection of beer/wine/liquor stores, if anyone is inclined to have a beverage in their room.

I also see that Sedalia has a good selection of beer/wine/liquor stores, if anyone is inclined to have a beverage in their room.

Yes, Sedalia does have a nice selection of liquor stores but it'll be a long ride to buy their goods. Wouldn't it better to buy your booze in Salida? :/

Yes, Sedalia does have a nice selection of liquor stores but it'll be a long ride to buy their goods. Wouldn't it better to buy your booze in Salida? :/

Good point! I'm having a bit of a mental block with Salida/Sedalia. Better make sure I have the right one in my GPS. :grin: I guess Sedalia, Missouri, is the site of the MOA Rally the week before the UnRally.

Good point! I'm having a bit of a mental block with Salida/Sedalia. Better make sure I have the right one in my GPS. :grin: I guess Sedalia, Missouri, is the site of the MOA Rally the week before the UnRally.

You wouldn't even have to go as far as Missouri! Sedalia, CO

Howdy all,

Sometime earlier this year Whip, one of our esteemed BMWST colleagues, came up with the idea to hold a one day ride during the Un to welcome new Un attendees and help serve as an "ice breaker."

To learn more about this upcoming Un ride please be watching for his new thread in the Ride and Event Planning forum.

malcolmblalock

I'm one of the newbies to the Unrally, so I'll likely do the ride. Whip hosted me and a buddy at his home last summer when in Texas, and he's a great guy. Looking forward to meeting all of y'all! :-)

lawnchairboy

I will be in the winter park area on sat afternoon/evening and through monday morning 21-23 july if anyone is interested in meeting up in the area prior to heading for salida.

chris

I will be in the winter park area on sat afternoon/evening and through monday morning 21-23 july if anyone is interested in meeting up in the area prior to heading for salida.

chris

I was near WP this past weekend. If you haven't already ridden that part of CO you're going to LOVE traversing Berthoud Pass!

**   Chris   **
I LOVE COLORADO!

I will never forget riding in for UN I to Gunnison.

I used to think that about a lot of things. Most of which I have forgotten.

They just had a long term forecast for July on my local news outlet. Oh boy! I think I might keep an eye out for a larger Camelpak :)

JULY.jpg

Blech. I've skipped a couple of UNs because I thought it would be too hot, this might be the hottest yet though it still won't feel as bad as W Virginia.

Mrs. Caddis

Bob, I thought you were bringing your truck! Nice dry mountain heat, it will be great. :) can't wait to see everyone.

Bob, I thought you were bringing your truck! Nice dry mountain heat, it will be great. :) can't wait to see everyone.
Bringing truck, bike (probably), Biff and something else, hmm what was that, oh yes, Janet.
I guess the heat will feel pretty good after the cold, wet weather up here in BC and the Yukon. :P

Hmm, can't quite come up with a mental image in my mind of how a cold wet Yukon would look.. ;)

Leaving on Friday the 13th....Oh $hit! :eek:

Pat

Dennis Andress

Our trusty Toyota pickup got sold off for a VW SUV. Over the last couple of weekends we've installed a tow package on the VW, and had it "turned on" by a local dealership. All the lights worked when we hooked the trailer up Sunday. I need to replace one wheel bearing seal on the trailer, and then we are good to go!

Crap....just flipped the calendar and noticed I'm down to two weeks before I hit the road! :eek:

Guess its about time to start taking this serious and begin to prepare.

On the weekend I found plastic champagne flutes (no carrying glass across the continent this time), so we're all ready to go. :grin:

Yep, two weeks. I’m actually toying with the idea of loading the bike in the back of the truck and driving out.

I think I'm getting old. :grin:

How'd this come up so fast ? :grin:

Buick is ready

Nigel is always ready

I'm ready

We'll begin driving later afternoon July 21. If my Dad says something like, "Oh, you don't need to come with me to my high school reunion", then we'll leave a few days earlier. I might slip over to his place and whisper that in his ear as he sleeps. :)

Mrs. Caddis

Getting the keys to the new house on the 20th, moving out of the rental 21st and 22nd. Loading the bikes on the 23rd am, should arrive before dinner... Who needs to unpack anyway! Sure hope I can find stuff... Kevin (Caddis) is bringing his flyfishing gear if anyone (Hopz?) wants to try a day on the Arkansas with him, let him know.

Wow, so much to do in such a short time... I think I'll save the guided tour of the river for another visit. I hate to give the sore-mouth to all those Colorado trout.

Looking forward to seeing all you guys and gals again. Zumo has all the routes loaded, looks like about 500 miles for us. Most likely trailer out and unload at the Gateway.

See you soon

lawnchairboy

yes, A whole crapload of stuff at work between now and blast off.

is it time yet?

Did my little part to support the offroad community in CO.

87027df6.jpg

Got it in the mail yesterday. :clap:

Can't wait.....13 days till liftoff

While I'd MUCH RATHER BE RIDING, the tradeoff of a nearly unlimited choice for what to pack is a real delight.

Packing a bike for a long ride is ... well, it's...you all know what I'm talking about. Getting all of your stuff just so, checking and rechecking, the garage door goes up and you launch a little bit, make sure the door is shut behind you...bury that garage door controller in the tank bag...because you aren't going to need it for a couple weeks...and off you go.

This time the payoff is purely the Peeps, and that is quite enough this time around. Some folks aren't here to even have the opportunity to decide if the UN is a destination this year. :cry: I will hope they are with us in spirit. I'm so happy to be going and I'm so eager to HUG EVERYBODY! :D

If Mitch hadn't started that wine legs thread I wouldn't have had a glass of wine and gotten all sentimental on ya'll. :grin:

How many days is it now?

Mrs. Caddis

We have had two good evenings of rain now to wash the smoke away. So nice to see some blue sky in the morning and a clear view of the foothills.

We have had two good evenings of rain now to wash the smoke away. So nice to see some blue sky in the morning and a clear view of the foothills.

:clap:

Crap....just flipped the calendar and noticed I'm down to two weeks before I hit the road! :eek:

Guess its about time to start taking this serious and begin to prepare.

Amen! Time to adjust the packing list....delete half of the stuff since I always overpack! So much to do! Getting REALLY excited now.....

FlyingFinn

:( I'm out.

A Must-do work trip landed no the same week with the Un.

This Un with the all the dual-sport riding was supposed to be my "big ride" for this year.... :cry:

Oh well. Setting my sights to Torrey....

--

Mikko

:( I'm out.

Mikko

That's not exciting at all, too bad. :(

I'll be in Cleveland next Saturday night! Just a little excitement here! :clap:

Pat

markgoodrich

I know Whip has organized a nice-and-easy ride, which looks like fun. Is there going to be another group or groups who might ride a similar route at a more spirited pace (not that I'd advocate exceeding the speed limits)(not that I can ride at a spirited pace)? Just wondering what the options might be.

AdventurePoser

Called the Gateway and snagged a room Monday thru Thursday rally week. Woohoo. FYI, as of three minutes ago they also had a king non smoking available at rally rates...

Cancelled my reservation at The Days Inn. See you all there!

Cheers,

Steve

I know Whip has organized a nice-and-easy ride, which looks like fun. Is there going to be another group or groups who might ride a similar route at a more spirited pace (not that I'd advocate exceeding the speed limits?

We were just talking about the same thing. Not that Steve Carr is a slowpoke or anything, but he did say it was nice and easy. :)

Maybe it's time for a new thread?

The We Promise to Wait for the Rest of You at Every Stop Wednesday Ride? :clap:

Archived