IGNORED

Its Rubber Chicken Time Again!!!

OoPEZoO

Okay, I'm registered. In at the inn on Thursday. Check-in after 3pm. If I get there early, I'll just walk around downtown and check out the sights. That would be the Subway and the two gas stations.

----

Quinn -

If you get there early, ride to Snowshoe Village - at the top of the mountain. There are restaurants and shops and even a Starbucks. Not to mention the view. And if you are really brave, rent a mountain bike and take a ride (coast?) down the mountain. Don't worry, you can take the ski lift back up.

Jim

Nice n Easy Rider
Quinn -

If you get there early, ride to Snowshoe Village - at the top of the mountain. There are restaurants and shops and even a Starbucks. Not to mention the view. And if you are really brave, rent a mountain bike and take a ride (coast?) down the mountain. Don't worry, you can take the ski lift back up.

Jim

Are you trying to get Quinn killed before the weekend has even started? :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
SteveHebert

Just got back to Afghanistan and am so ready for this event! Unigo is at the house ready to be packed and RT is serviced. Just need to purchase a Sena dual pack and all will be well. Only 65 days and a wake up until I am home again. :clap:

Two rooms booked today. Should be the same 4 guys that went last year. One being Dazzz, the others are his bro and our friend Bill.

Gene -

Looking forward to seeing you gentlemen again!

And thanks again for the recommendation on Mathias BMW - I've been very happy with him and his service.

Jim

Well , Since this is so close to my backyard , and I have never had the privilege of meeting anyone in person from this forum, I felt compelled to book my rooms this morning.

Myself and my Queen look very forward to meeting you fine folk and riding some beautiful W.V. roads.

I may have to take an early trip down that way as the Ramp festival should be coming up soon and I have an urge for some really bad breath !

Dave

So far, I'm counting approximately 35 INs and about 13 HOPE-TO-BE-THERE-IF-TIMING-WORKS-OUT-INs.

Should be a great gathering!

Nice n Easy Rider
So far, I'm counting approximately 35 INs and about 13 HOPE-TO-BE-THERE-IF-TIMING-WORKS-OUT-INs.

Should be a great gathering!

Hope you have me as one of those "IN"s. I'll be the one sharing a room with Quinn as he practices his great one-liners late at night. :D

Yes, George, I gotcha.

Dazzz, I counted the four of you guys, too.

It's not an official count of any sort... just a rough count from the thread. Suffice it to say, it'll be our best showing if this holds up.

Paul, it's looking like there should be a couple handfuls or so of people there on Thursday, so you'll definitely get to see more than just one or two.

Room reserved for Thursday night, one night only. Hope to see a few of you that evening.

Great, we can talk about scooters :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody in need of a roommate? I like pina colada's, long walks on the beach, spooning.....oh wait, wrong forum!

tytass...want to meet in the middle and ride out together? I figure if you're coming from Va. Beach area you'll be passing right by me at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like a plan. This year we'll have a much wider variety of route lengths. I'm sure you'll find something to your liking ... even some gnarly backroads!

Lone_RT_rider
In, Reservations made, see you on the 7th.

I take it there's a good bar on site? :grin: *he ducks*

Why yes there is. :thumbsup: Stop by and have a beverage.

Lone_RT_rider

I probably will, but I will be bringing some of my own stock as well. :)

I probably will, but I will be bringing some of my own stock as well. :)

I was wandering how he was going to balance a keg on the bike. :grin:

Lone_RT_rider
Bringing it on your bike?

Of course! You know how well the Givi topcase works as a cooler. You've followed me. :grin::thumbsup::rofl:

Of course! You know how well the Givi topcase works as a cooler. You've followed me. :grin::thumbsup::rofl:

And that's the only way I'm be able to keep up with you ... you purposefully keeping me in sight AND trying not to bruise your beer!

Lone_RT_rider

And that's the only way I'm be able to keep up with you ... you purposefully keeping me in sight AND trying not to bruise your beer!

Cut that out! I am not near as fast as I used to be. I am having problems keeping up with Ken Insley and Chris K lately.

Personally, I don't care how you get the beer there, just get it there!! You always have some good stuff. :clap:

Jim

SteveHebert

Don't forget my two! I won't be there until Saturday afternoon. I have been looking forward to the brew for many years.

OK ... here's the status as I see now.

Unless otherwise noted, arrival & depart dates are assumed Thurs thru Sun. Correct me if I've guessed wrong. I'll update the list.

IN:

Keith (OoPEZoO)

Jim (RT_Jim)

Craig (TyTass)

Art

SteveHerbert +1 (Sat only)

Quinn

DaveC

Endobobdds

dazz +2 (from OH)

Gene (Gkgeiger)

George (Nice n' Easy Rider)

Shawn (Lone_RT_rider)

Paul (Thurs only)

TomK

BMW_Ken

Rocer

Ken (Kinsley)

James (jbr7t)

Dave (taylor1)

Albert +1

Rogera

MAYBE:

Danielle (Mrs. OoPEZoO)

Enfoman

Carroll

99Roadster

Kathy R

Whip

randy

Alan (foot)

Angel (looks to have been relocated already)

JustJean

OUT:

Matt (Matts_12GS)

Glenn Reed

Dan (B.O.B)

Yup.....there will be GPS routes available for download, and also downloadable PDF versions you can print out. That has usually been Craigs department, but I don't think we usually post them up until 2-3 weeks before the event. I'm sure he is just busy proof reading it for the 75th time :grin:

Craig.....any timeline on the routes being posted?

Yup.....there will be GPS routes available for download, and also downloadable PDF versions you can print out. That has usually been Craigs department, but I don't think we usually post them up until 2-3 weeks before the event. I'm sure he is just busy proof reading it for the 75th time :grin:

Craig.....any timeline on the routes being posted?

Posting of the routes (in GPX) and the route booklet will occur somewhere between 2 weeks to 10 days before the event.

mclassing

Yup. Mike.

Oh, yeah. IN! Bringing the better half.

Haven't made reservations yet. Will probably staying in the village. Will we be the only ones?

Perhaps.

However, my wife and I were the only ones staying in the villiage last year. Very nice. There are several food choices, such as a nice BBQ/Chop House/pub restaurant, very decent pizza joint, and at least one dedicated bar. I believe there's a higher end restaurant up there but we didn't go. Also, the bars don't close as early as down at at the Inn, so that's nice.

Being one of the hosts, I boogied down to the Inn every evening to hang out and visit with folks (Terri dis so 2 times, I think). It's about a 5 mile ride down the mountain. Well paved, but watch out for wildlife! I saw a bear the one evening boogeying back up the mountain. A couple nights we hit the bar after coming back up the mountain. You may not be night owls like us, but it's a nice option.

And if you guys just want to hang out alone up at the villiage in the evening for whatever reason (bad weather or just wanting alone time), that's OK, too.

Up at the villiage, you don't want to hang at a bar or just sit in your room, there are various gathering areas throughout the RimFire Lodge (if you stay there) with couches, chairs, & tables. RimFire also has an outdoor Whirlpool and nice sitting area around that.

We had fun up there last year. I'm sure you guys will, too, even if you;re the only ones up there.

mclassing

The village it is, Craig. Thanks for the run down. There should be plenty for SWMBO to do if she doesn't want to ride. :grin:

I have two INCREDIBLY important questions

1 - Any BRIDGES????!!!! :cry:

2 - do you know if pets are allowed (yes, I know I could call but thought you might know). I MIGHT be coming and thought about throwing Max on the back and bringing him. Not sure about anything just yet. I miss you guys! :wave:

1 - Yes ... HOWEVER ... while two or 3 routes have some pretty interesting bridges (to include covered bridges, New River & Fayetteville Station bridges, and a really cool one over the Greenbrier River) other routes have the normal, run-of-the-mill roadway bridges. It is after all WV, the land of the planets oldest rivers ... and lots of them.

BTW: We are presenting lots of route variations this year.

2 - Pets? I honestly don't know.

Ahem ... Oh Jim? Can Tina bring Max?

[Edit. We miss you, too! Now please show up!)

I think I remember the pet question coming up last year, and it being a pet friendly hotel. BUT, I would definitely call the hotel if Jim doesn't know the answer. Every time I have spoken with someone at the resort, they have been extra super nice and helpfull.

Its been a few years. Hope you and Max can make it

Archived